As stated in the AASD Bylaws, the Professional Development Committee is responsible for encouraging continued growth of professional competence, including conferences and workshops for supervisors and shall:
- Seek from membership curriculum and instructional concerns in regards to professional growth that affect them as instructional leaders.
- Provide AASD representation to District committees involving professional development and facilitate two-way communication between the District and AASD membership.
- Advise the Board of Directors on all professional development matters.
- Provide the membership with current information regarding professional development.
- Oversee the Professional Growth Matching Fund.
- Develop guidelines whereby members can be reimbursed for professional development.
- Solicit, Review, Approve, and Deny reimbursement requests from members.
|Classified–Mario Garcia||Supervisor, Translation/Interpretation|
|Certificated–Kristin Makena||SPED Coordinator|
|Samantha Clabaugh||Operations Specialist, Quality Assurance Office|
|Amanda Hale||Director, Professional Development|
|Jim Hallauer||Zone Manager, PPO|
|Bernie Kacijanic||Food Services Regional Field Manager|
|Jeffrey Thomas||School Site Operations Specialist, Office of Secondary Schools|
|Noemi Villegas||Program Manager, Counseling & Guidance|
|Kate McDevitt||Wellness Supervisor|
|Donis Coronel||Executive Director|
|Jim Costello||Office Clerk|
Committee meetings are held on the first Wednesday of every month (unless otherwise noted) at 3:00-4:30 PM at the AASD Office, 3505 Camino del Rio South #264, San Diego, 92108.
Meeting Dates for the 2019-20 school year are as follows. Meeting dates are subject to change.
September 4, 2019
October 2, 2019
November 6, 2019
December 4, 2019
January 8, 2020 (2nd Wed)
February 5, 2020
March 4, 2020
March 24, 2020 Spring Conference
April 8, 2020