As stated in the AASD Bylaws, the Professional Development Committee is responsible for encouraging continued growth of professional competence, including conferences and workshops for supervisors and shall:
- Seek from membership curriculum and instructional concerns in regards to professional growth that affect them as instructional leaders.
- Provide AASD representation to District committees involving professional development and facilitate two-way communication between the District and AASD membership.
- Advise the Board of Directors on all professional development matters.
- Provide the membership with current information regarding professional development.
- Oversee the Professional Growth Matching Fund.
- Develop guidelines whereby members can be reimbursed for professional development.
- Solicit, Review, Approve, and Deny reimbursement requests from members.
|Classified–Mario Garcia||Supervisor, Translation/Interpretation|
|Certificated–Eileen Moreno||Principal, Edison Elementary|
|Samantha Clabaugh||Operations Specialist, Quality Assurance Office|
|Joe Florentino||School Police Captain|
|Jim Hallauer||Zone Manager, PPO|
|Tara McGuigan||Vice Principal, Morse High|
|Alicia Pitrone-Hauser||Food Svcs Reg Field Mgr., Revere Ctr|
|Jeffrey Thomas||School Site Operations Specialist, Office of Secondary Schools|
|Scott Thomason||Principal, CPMA Middle|
|Noemi Villegas||Program Manager, Counseling & Guidance|
|Myeshia Whigham||Vice Principal, Lincoln High|
|Donis Coronel||Executive Director|
|Jim Costello||Office Clerk|
Committee meetings are held on the first Wednesday of every month (unless otherwise noted) at 3:00-4:30 AM at the AASD Office, 3505 Camino del Rio South #264, San Diego, 92108.
Meeting Dates for the 2018-19 school year are as follows. Meeting dates are subject to change.
July 11, 2018
September 5, 2018
October 3, 2018
November 7, 2018
December 8, 2018
January 9, 2019 (2nd Wed)
February 6, 2019
March 6, 2019
March 19, 2019 Spring Conference
April 3, 2019