As stated in the AASD Bylaws, the Professional Development Committee is responsible for encouraging continued growth of professional competence, including conferences and workshops for supervisors and shall:
- Seek from membership curriculum and instructional concerns in regards to professional growth that affect them as instructional leaders.
- Provide AASD representation to District committees involving professional development and facilitate two-way communication between the District and AASD membership.
- Advise the Board of Directors on all professional development matters.
- Provide the membership with current information regarding professional development.
- Oversee the Professional Growth Matching Fund.
- Develop guidelines whereby members can be reimbursed for professional development.
- Solicit, Review, Approve, and Deny reimbursement requests from members.
|Classified–Mario Garcia||Supervisor, Translation/Interpretation|
|Samantha Clabaugh||Operations Specialist, Quality Assurance Office|
|Amanda Hale||Director, Professional Development|
|Jim Hallauer||Zone Manager, PPO|
|Bernie Kacijanic||Food Services Regional Field Manager|
|Jeffrey Thomas||School Site Operations Specialist, Office of Secondary Schools|
|Julie Garcia||Program Manager, Educational Tech|
|Kate McDevitt||Wellness Supervisor|
|Donis Coronel||Executive Director|
|Jim Costello||Office Clerk|
Committee meetings are held on the first Wednesday of every month (unless otherwise noted) at 3:00-4:30 PM at the AASD Office, 3505 Camino del Rio South #264, San Diego, 92108.
Meeting Dates for the 2020-21 school year are subject to change.