As stated in the AASD Bylaws, the Professional Development Committee is responsible for encouraging continued growth of professional competence, including conferences and workshops for supervisors and shall:
- Seek from membership curriculum and instructional concerns in regards to professional growth that affect them as instructional leaders.
- Provide AASD representation to District committees involving professional development and facilitate two-way communication between the District and AASD membership.
- Advise the Board of Directors on all professional development matters.
- Provide the membership with current information regarding professional development.
- Oversee the Professional Growth Matching Fund.
- Develop guidelines whereby members can be reimbursed for professional development.
- Solicit, Review, Approve, and Deny reimbursement requests from members.
|Classified–John Hensley||Zone Manager, Physical Plant Operations|
|Certificated–Carlos Ramirez||Program Manager, Office of Language Acquisition|
|Samantha Clabaugh||Operations Specialist, Quality Assurance Office|
|Joe Florentino||School Police Captain|
|Mario Garcia||Translations Supervisor, Special Education|
|Elizabeth Kramer||Physical Plant Operations|
|Tara McGuigan||Vice Principal, Morse High|
|Rachel Rice||Vice Principal, Crawford High|
|Jeffrey Thomas||School Site Operations Specialist, Office of Secondary Schools|
|Scott Thomason||Principal, CPMA Middle|
|Noemi Villegas||Program Manager, Counseling & Guidance|
|Myeshia Whigham||Vice Principal, Lincoln High|
|Donis Coronel||Executive Director|
|Jim Costello||Office Clerk|
Committee meetings are held on the first Friday of every month (unless otherwise noted) at 7:30-8:30 AM at the AASD Office, 3505 Camino del Rio South #264, San Diego, 92108.
Meeting Dates for the 2017-18 school year are as follows. Meeting dates are subject to change.
September 1, 2017
October 6, 2017
November 3, 2017
December 1, 2017
January 5, 2018
February 2, 2018
March 2, 2017
March 20, 2018 Spring Conference
April 6, 2018
May 4, 2018
June 1, 2018