DAILY UPDATE #46 -- 5/19/2020
- AASD OFFICE CLOSURE
AASD will be sending out a Daily Update, Monday-Friday, throughout the school closure period. The Weekly Update will continue as usual on Thursdays with the typical news and information for AASD members. The AASD Office will remain closed during the period of time the schools/district are closed. AASD staff will be working remotely and can be reached at the contact information at the end of this Update.
AASD has created a Google Form for AASD Members to report issues, questions or concerns regarding work-related issues and the COVID-19 virus. Any issues, questions or concerns submitted via the Google form will be shared daily with the District. AASD will then share the answers to issues, questions or concerns submitted as those answers are received from the district. You may also share your gratitude for another AASD member, district personnel, etc. via the same link.
The link to share issues/questions/concerns/gratitude is:
Please do not share this link outside of AASD membership (classified and certificated management/supervisors). The link will be active until this crisis is over. PLEASE CHECK THE DISTRICT’S WEBSITE TO ENSURE YOUR ISSUE/QUESTION/ CONCERN HAS NOT ALREADY BEEN ADDRESSED THERE.
NOTE: All previous AASD Daily Updates and Weekly Updates are located on the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org if you need to refer back to them for information.
- DISTRICT COMMUNICATIONS
The following information was sent to Principals on May 18:
PARENTS AS COACHES TRAINING INFORMATION
- We have developed a 3-part Parents as Coaches Training series starting Wednesday, May 20, 2020 with a morning 10:00 and evening session 6:30 pm.
- Please invite parents/guardians to attend. There is a sample e=mail you can send
- Interpretation will be available in Arabic, Karen, Spanish, Somali, Swahili, Tagalog, and Vietnamese.
TRACKING PARTICIPATION IN POWER SCHOOL THIS WEEK
- As Friday is a Non-Instructional Day, please ensure teachers submit student participation in PowerSchool by Thursday, May 21st at 5:00 pm.
CLASSIFIED EMPLOYEES UPDATE FROM HR
- Today, classified employees will receive their assignment letters via email (receiving sites will have their letters by tomorrow).
- The assignment process is based on staff seniority. If employees have questions about their seniority, there are several supports:
- Any member can check their seniority on the seniority lists posted online
- Unit members may also submit a formal seniority review through the self service module in PeopleSoft.
- Unit members can email us at email@example.com with questions.
- Each employee scenario and response is individualized based on their classification, positions they have held as well as both district and classification seniority.
- Principals and Vice Principals who have questions can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
VOLUNTARY COLLABORATION OPPORTUNITY TO SUPPORT ELs
- Our 2nd cycle of Small Group (SG) differentiated support for English Learners will start on May 26th
- ELIRT can partner with teachers on a voluntary basis to co-plan, co-teach, and debrief SG lessons
- We invite you to sign up. Space is limited and open to 11 elementary schools & 7 secondary schools.
- If you have teachers interested in participating in this voluntary learning opportunity, please contact your Area Superintendent by Thursday, 5/12 5 pm.
- Families of children who are eligible for free or reduced-price meals can get up to $365 in food benefits in addition to their pick up meals from school.
- Most families with children who applied for CalFresh or Medi-Cal benefits do not need to apply. They will get their P-EBT card in the mail between May 12 - May 22, 2020.
- Families with children who are eligible for free and reduced-price meals and who do not get their P-EBT card in the mail by May 22, 2020 must apply online before June 30, 2020.
- If you receive any questions from families direct them to EBT Customer Service Center (877-328-9677)
CLASS OF 2020 GRADUATION/PROMOTION GUIDELINES
- On May 12, 2020 the Board of Education approved graduation and promotion guidelines for 2020.
- Each school should develop a plan to celebrate their promoting students that meet the following criteria:
- Be within current San Diego County Health and Safety Guidelines for Promotion/Graduation
- Be developed in collaboration with student leaders/representatives
- Be inclusive and accessible to all students in the graduating/promoting class
- See below for site level guidelines Elementary and Secondary (Middle School/High School)
Elementary School Promotion Supports
- The Elementary Promotion Committee developed a virtual promotion resources document to assist those who are interested in planning and conducting a Virtual Ceremony.
Middle School Promotion Supports
- The Middle School Promotion Committee developed a Virtual Promotion Resources document to assist those who are interested in planning and conducting a Virtual Ceremony.
High School Senior “Celebrations” in June
- Please submit your plans for approval using the following link: June Senior Celebrations. Site principals will receive an email confirmation once their plan has been approved. If you need School Police support or approval for the use of funds, please include those details in your plan.
High School Guidelines and Procedures - UPDATED
- Updated links have been added to the HS Guidelines and Procedures doc that includes information shared last week with principals regarding end-of-year procedures, graduation, and summer school.
Coming Soon…..Projects Being Worked On...
- End-of-Year collection of materials TK-12
- June site access day for end-of-year clean up
- OTHER NEWS
Schools Won’t Reopen for All Without More Cash, District Officials Warn (Voice of San Diego, May 18)
Six urban California districts say proposed budget cuts will set back restarting schools (EdSource, May 19)
- SPECIAL GRATITUDE
If an AASD member has a department or individual that deserves special recognition during this time of crisis, please use the link above for reporting issues/questions/ concerns/gratitude to show your gratitude for the department or individual. AASD will publish that special thanks in our next Daily Update.
- DISTRICT WEBSITE
For your convenience, the District has created a list of Frequently Asked Questions. To access that list, click the link https://sites.google.com/sandi.net/covid19/staff-info
- AASD CONTACT INFORMATION DURING THE DISTRICT CLOSURE
Executive Director, Donis Coronel -- email@example.com 619-813-8792
Office Manager, Linda Crout-Hamel -- firstname.lastname@example.org 619-861-2701
Office Clerk, Jim Costello -- email@example.com
Please keep informed via the District’s website www.sandi.net, Daily Updates from AASD and via the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org.