DAILY UPDATE #50 -- 5/27/2020
- AASD OFFICE CLOSURE
AASD will be sending out a Daily Update, Monday-Friday, throughout the school closure period. The Weekly Update will continue as usual on Thursdays with the typical news and information for AASD members. The AASD Office will remain closed during the period of time the schools/district are closed. AASD staff will be working remotely and can be reached at the contact information at the end of this Update.
AASD has created a Google Form for AASD Members to report issues, questions or concerns regarding work-related issues and the COVID-19 virus. Any issues, questions or concerns submitted via the Google form will be shared daily with the District. AASD will then share the answers to issues, questions or concerns submitted as those answers are received from the district. You may also share your gratitude for another AASD member, district personnel, etc. via the same link.
The link to share issues/questions/concerns/gratitude is:
Please do not share this link outside of AASD membership (classified and certificated management/supervisors). The link will be active until this crisis is over. PLEASE CHECK THE DISTRICT’S WEBSITE TO ENSURE YOUR ISSUE/QUESTION/ CONCERN HAS NOT ALREADY BEEN ADDRESSED THERE.
NOTE: All previous AASD Daily Updates and Weekly Updates are located on the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org if you need to refer back to them for information.
- FACEBOOK LIVE WITH SUPERINTENDENT MARTEN
There is a special Facebook Live scheduled for Thursday, May 27, at 5:00 PM with Superintendent Marten.
- DISTRICT COMMUNICATIONS
The following communication was sent to Principals on May 26:
VOLUNTARY MARGARET WHEATLEY WEBINAR FOR PRINCIPALS AND VICE PRINCIPALS
- Since 2013, Margaret Wheatley’s works have inspired and influenced our equity journey and equity leadership.
- Principals & Vice Principals are invited to an AMAZING Optional Opportunity with Margaret Wheatley.
- Please see the Invitation HERE for more information.
- In anticipation of summer cleaning, Custodial Services Supervisors have placed custodial orders.
- The following e-mail was sent to all BSS & POS regarding ordering, receiving, and accounting of supplies:
As we near closer to a possible return of custodial staffing this summer, some preparations are taking place. Custodial Services Supervisors have submitted custodial supply start-up orders in anticipation of a return.
- These orders are general orders that consist of basic supplies needed.
- Supplies will be delivered to your sites by WAXIE/Supply Center and are in addition to what you already have on hand.
- Orders were based on the possibility of a modified scope of work for summer cleaning, due to the shortened amount of time and the addition of COVID-19 requirements and procedures.
- Supplies will arrive at each site on days that custodial staff are required to support either distance learning, food services support or other authorized site visits. Please keep us updated on requests for additional site visits as you become aware of them, this may allow for more delivery options.
- Included with the basic supplies are some cleaning and disinfecting products that require a Solsta dispensing system. This dispensing system will be included in the delivered supplies and it is VERY important that it is used with all required Solsta products to ensure that the products are used properly, and the predetermined amount of product lasts for the intended duration.
ACTION REQUIRED: Custodial supplies received are to be accounted for and stored in a secure place until the need arises for summer cleaning. Instruct your staff on the importance of this requirement.
All equipment and supplies have been ordered from the central budget in anticipation of a custodial staff return date. The custodial staff return date is yet to be determined but a plan for cleaning and sanitizing must be in place.
In addition to the start-up custodial supplies ordered, you will have the ability to order from your individual site custodial budgets come July 1st of the new fiscal year. Be prepared to assess what supplies you have on hand upon all custodial staff returning, and what is needed for the work required before placing orders. Details regarding the required scope of work for this summer in preparation of the new school year; will be coming soon.
Thank you all for your patience, understanding and commitment to providing the essential services needed by all.
Custodial Operations Program Supervisor
San Diego Unified School District
Physical Plant Operations
Telephone: (858) 627-7148
Cell: (619) 273-9076
Fax: (858) 496-1737
TK-5 Hold Harmless Grading & Retention
- If you have questions about individual students around retention during Distance Learning, please contact your Area Superintendent.
Collection of Senior Devices
- Principals were provided information about the collection of Chromebook devices from seniors.
- June site access day for end-of-year clean up.
- SPECIAL GRATITUDE
If an AASD member has a department or individual that deserves special recognition during this time of crisis, please use the link above for reporting issues/questions/ concerns/gratitude to show your gratitude for the department or individual. AASD will publish that special thanks in our next Daily Update.
- DISTRICT WEBSITE
For your convenience, the District has created a list of Frequently Asked Questions. To access that list, click the link https://sites.google.com/sandi.net/covid19/staff-info
- AASD CONTACT INFORMATION DURING THE DISTRICT CLOSURE
Executive Director, Donis Coronel -- email@example.com 619-813-8792
Office Manager, Linda Crout-Hamel -- firstname.lastname@example.org 619-861-2701
Office Clerk, Jim Costello -- email@example.com
Please keep informed via the District’s website www.sandi.net, Daily Updates from AASD and via the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org.