DAILY UPDATE #52 -- 5/29/2020
- PLEASE READ -- JOINT PRESS STATEMENT ISSUED BY LAUSD AND SDUSD
The following joint statement was issued today, May 29, by the Superintendent of LAUSD (Austin Beutner) and Superintendent Marten: (link to statement)
- AASD OFFICE CLOSURE
AASD will be sending out a Daily Update, Monday-Friday, throughout the school closure period. The Weekly Update will continue as usual on Thursdays with the typical news and information for AASD members. The AASD Office will remain closed during the period of time the schools/district are closed. AASD staff will be working remotely and can be reached at the contact information at the end of this Update.
AASD has created a Google Form for AASD Members to report issues, questions or concerns regarding work-related issues and the COVID-19 virus. Any issues, questions or concerns submitted via the Google form will be shared daily with the District. AASD will then share the answers to issues, questions or concerns submitted as those answers are received from the district. You may also share your gratitude for another AASD member, district personnel, etc. via the same link.
The link to share issues/questions/concerns/gratitude is:
Please do not share this link outside of AASD membership (classified and certificated management/supervisors). The link will be active until this crisis is over. PLEASE CHECK THE DISTRICT’S WEBSITE TO ENSURE YOUR ISSUE/QUESTION/ CONCERN HAS NOT ALREADY BEEN ADDRESSED THERE.
NOTE: All previous AASD Daily Updates and Weekly Updates are located on the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org if you need to refer back to them for information.
- SPECIAL GRATITUDE
If an AASD member has a department or individual that deserves special recognition during this time of crisis, please use the link above for reporting issues/questions/ concerns/gratitude to show your gratitude for the department or individual. AASD will publish that special thanks in our next Daily Update.
From an AASD Member in Good Standing -- “I want to appreciate Graham Hellewell, Systems Development Coordinator in IT, who supported me in getting Distance Learning set up while my staff was off track on year round calendar spring break. Graham is very responsive and a super help!”
- DISTRICT COMMUNICATION
The following was sent on May 28 to Principals:
- SCHOOL WEBSITE SUPPORT
- District staff are aware of an ongoing technical issue causing school websites to experience missing content, formatting errors and loading difficulties.
- Staff are working to identify and resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
- Administrators will be notified once the problem has been resolved and pages are able to be updated.
- COLLECTING SCHOOL CLIMATE PARENT SURVEYS
- Schools sites that have completed paper parent surveys (CSPS) will have the opportunity to drop them off at the Ed Center on the following dates:
- Thursday, June 4th 9:00am - 1:00pm
- Friday, June 5th 9:00am - 1:00pm
- Wednesday, June 10th 9:00am - 1:00pm
- Contact Katherine Aud firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
- SPECIAL EDUCATION OFFICE HOURS
- We have learned from the field that educators want to connect with others in our learning community for additional support.
- Special Education Program Managers & ATLs are hosting voluntary Zoom office hours for Educators (General Education, Education Specialists, Paraeducators, and Administrators).
- The purpose of this convening is for educators to work in collaboration and share ideas to support all students during distance learning and beyond. *you are able to attend another area if there is a schedule conflict
- TRANSITION TO IEPS IN POWER SCHOOL
- To ensure a smooth transition to PowerSchool IEP, please check SEAS for updates regarding the locking of open events.
- IEP PROGRESS REPORTS
- IEP Progress reports are required and due at the end of the school year.
- Teams can save progress reports as a PDF and either email home or upload to the parent portal. The progress should be reported using data from both in school and distance learning.
- Coming Soon……
- June site access day for end-of-year clean up.
- FROM THE ASSOCIATION OF CALIFORNIA SCHOOL ADMINISTRATORS (ACSA) – ACSA RELEASES SCHOOL REOPENING REPORT
|ACSA convened a diverse group of educators from throughout the state to consider the safe reopening of California public schools. This School Reopening Planning Report is the result of their work and ACSA presents it to you in the hope that it will provide you with inspiration, tools, ideas, and resources. The group was chaired by Dr. Katie McNamara, Superintendent, from San Diego’s own South Bay Union School District.
ACSA necessarily begins with a “Call to Action” to each other, our collaborative partners, and our state’s leaders to take the immediate steps to ensure we continue growing California’s ability to deliver student equity. This appeal is grounded in a set of “Essential Commitments to Equitable Education” that we all need to make for each other, and especially our students, as we work together to plan for the safe reopening of schools and the next phases of our pandemic recovery. ACSA grounds these commitments in a set of core values.
ACSA’s school reopening group also analyzed several concrete tools, which ACSA hopes will be useful at the school and district levels for planning. These include scenario planning resources and several sets of recommendations. ACSA knows how rapidly conditions will change. This document and the tools it contains will need to grow and evolve as we all learn more together about the impact of COVID-19 on California public school students and our school communities.
- DISTRICT WEBSITE
For your convenience, the District has created a list of Frequently Asked Questions. To access that list, click the link https://sites.google.com/sandi.net/covid19/staff-info
- AASD CONTACT INFORMATION DURING THE DISTRICT CLOSURE
Executive Director, Donis Coronel -- email@example.com 619-813-8792
Office Manager, Linda Crout-Hamel -- firstname.lastname@example.org 619-861-2701
Office Clerk, Jim Costello -- email@example.com
Please keep informed via the District’s website www.sandi.net, Daily Updates from AASD and via the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org.