DAILY UPDATE #67-- 6/23/2020
- AASD OFFICE CLOSURE
AASD will be sending out a Daily Update, Monday-Friday, throughout the school closure period. The Weekly Update will continue as usual on Thursdays with the typical news and information for AASD members. The AASD Office will remain closed during the period of time the schools/district are closed. AASD staff will be working remotely and can be reached at the contact information at the end of this Update.
AASD has created a Google Form for AASD Members to report issues, questions or concerns regarding work-related issues and the COVID-19 virus. Any issues, questions or concerns submitted via the Google form will be shared daily with the District. AASD will then share the answers to issues, questions or concerns submitted as those answers are received from the district. You may also share your gratitude for another AASD member, district personnel, etc. via the same link.
The link to share issues/questions/concerns/gratitude is:
Please do not share this link outside of AASD membership (classified and certificated management/supervisors). The link will be active until this crisis is over. PLEASE CHECK THE DISTRICT’S WEBSITE TO ENSURE YOUR ISSUE/QUESTION/ CONCERN HAS NOT ALREADY BEEN ADDRESSED THERE.
NOTE: All previous AASD Daily Updates and Weekly Updates are located on the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org if you need to refer back to them for information.
- INPUT INTO AASD BARGAINING REGARDING SCHOOL REOPENING
If you would like to pre-register for the Zoom input sessions regarding upcoming AASD bargaining, please see the "Special Update" that went out this morning for sign-up information.
- Q and A (Tuesday, June 23, 2020) (Questions were submitted by AASD members; the answers are from the District. AASD publishes the answers as they are received from the District.)
Numerous questions have been submitted regarding the district’s negotiations with SDEA regarding the impacts and effects of school re-opening. Please understand that those negotiations are with SDEA and AASD is not part of the discussions. AASD has shared with district leadership that there must be changes going forward in regards to on-line (distance) learning in terms of administrators having full access to virtual classrooms and in regards to the level of instruction being provided.
AASD is waiting for the district leadership to provide dates and times for AASD Impacts and Effects bargaining.
- PARENT SURVEY – OPTIONS FOR SCHOOL REOPENING
As of 6/22/20, the following are survey statistics:
27% have taken the survey
9.5% Online learning
27.7% Online learning with prearranged visit to school site
62.8% Full return to the site
- DISTRICT COMMUNICATIONS
The following communication was sent to Principals on June 22:
- SUMMER INSTITUTE
- We have reached capacity for our voluntary Summer Institute. Thank you to those who have signed up. This is a great opportunity to attend side by side with your teachers in their learning.
- For the registered participants, you should have received a link to the Google Website for more information.
- PARENT SURVEYS-RESPONSES
- The Parent Surveys were sent out centrally last week. To date, approximately 27% of our families have responded (due date June 25th).
- We need your assistance to increase participation:
- Please post links on your school website, share on social media, email or send text to families.
- Year Round schools may have teachers push out the survey to families through Google Classroom/Canvas or Class Dojo to increase participation.
- Review your Preliminary Site Data Reports here. Sites will receive the additional data files on Friday, June 26th via Google spreadsheet.
- HAZARD PAY APPROVAL
- Reminder: Timecards should be submitted for any Hazard Pay taken by Principals. These timecards should be submitted for signature to your Area Superintendent.
(NOTE FROM AASD – WE BELIEVE THE TERMINOLOGY “HAZARD PAY TAKEN BY PRINCIPALS” SHOULD READ HAZARD PAY CLAIMED BY PRINCIPALS. HAZARD PAY IS FOR WHEN PRINCIPALS HAD TO PHYSICALLY REPORT. NOT LEAVE THAT WAS TAKEN.)
- OTHER NEWS
In California budget deal, no cuts to K-12 (EdSource, June 22)
- ANOTHER ONE MINUTE VIDEO FROM SUPERINTENDENT JOE SANFELIPPO, FALL CREEK, WISCONSIN – TAKE JUST ONE MINUTE OF YOUR TIME TO HEAR MORE WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT AND WISDOM
- SPECIAL GRATITUDE
If an AASD member has a department or individual that deserves special recognition during this time of crisis, please use the link above for reporting issues/questions/ concerns/gratitude to show your gratitude for the department or individual. AASD will publish that special thanks in our next Daily Update.
- DISTRICT WEBSITE
For your convenience, the District has created a list of Frequently Asked Questions. To access that list, click the link https://sites.google.com/sandi.net/covid19/staff-info
- AASD CONTACT INFORMATION DURING THE DISTRICT CLOSURE
Executive Director, Donis Coronel -- firstname.lastname@example.org 619-813-8792
Office Manager, Linda Crout-Hamel -- email@example.com 619-861-2701
Office Clerk, Jim Costello -- firstname.lastname@example.org
Please keep informed via the District’s website www.sandi.net, Daily Updates from AASD and via the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org.