DAILY UPDATE #88 -- 7/24/2020
- AASD OFFICE CLOSURE
AASD will be sending out a Daily Update, Monday-Friday, throughout the return to instruction/ school reopening period. The Weekly Update will continue as usual on Thursdays with the typical news and information for AASD members. The AASD Office continues to remain closed. AASD staff are working remotely and can be reached via the contact information at the end of this Update.
AASD has created a Google Form for AASD Members to report issues, questions or concerns regarding work-related issues, COVID-19, return to instruction and school reopening. AASD will provide answers to issues, questions or concerns submitted as answers become available. You may also share your gratitude for another AASD member, district personnel, etc. via the same link.
The link to share issues/questions/concerns/gratitude is:
Please do not share this link outside of AASD membership (classified and certificated management/supervisors). The link will be active until this crisis is over.
NOTE: All previous AASD Daily Updates and Weekly Updates are located on the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org if you need to refer back to them for information.
- DISTRICT COMMUNICATIONS
The following communication regarding PowerSchool was sent out on July 23:
Please see the information below regarding changes to PowerSchool, effective Monday, July 27, 2020:
* PowerSchool Administrator access at your school – A new report will be added to PowerSchool Administrator to assist schools with reviewing security in PowerSchool. As a reminder, schools are responsible for maintaining who has access in PowerSchool. To run this report, select System Reports, select the sqlReports tab, and then expand the group of Staff reports.
* PowerTeacher access at your school – A new report will be added to PowerSchool Administrator to assist schools with reviewing security in PowerTeacher. As a reminder, schools are responsible for maintaining who has access in PowerTeacher. To run this report, select System Reports, select the sqlReports tab, and then expand the group of Staff reports.
* Year-Round calendars will be changed to Traditional calendars – Beginning in 2020-21, all district schools will use the traditional calendar. Effective Monday, July 27, 2020, schools with year-round term dates, new student enrollments, and PowerScheduler data will be updated to reflect the first day of school, Monday, August 31, 2020, and the last day of school, Tuesday, June 15, 2021. Schools affected by this change need to verify their calendar and bell schedules look correct, prior to school starting.
* School Finder website – The School Finder website https://www.sandiegounified.org/schoolfinder has been updated to reflect 2020-21 as the current school year.
Reminders: Check Professional Learning https://sandiegounified.truenorthlogic.com/ for upcoming Virtual PowerSchool Training and Open Labs.
For PowerSchool support, submit a support request online at https://sdusd.cherwellondemand.com/ or through email at email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>.
To submit your feedback, suggestions, and ideas regarding the PowerSchool application, email PowerSchool@sandi.net<mailto:PowerSchool@sandi.net>.
- OTHER NEWS
California school districts brace for an online back-to-school season (EdSource, July 24)
Coronavirus Live Updates: New CDC Guidance for Reopening Schools Takes a Political Tone (NY Times, July 24)
NYC school reopening plans show “alarming lack of direction,” union leader says (Administrators Union President, Mark Cannizzaro – Also Board of Directors of AFSA) (Chalkbeat July 23)
- SPECIAL GRATITUDE
If an AASD member has a department or individual that deserves special recognition during this time of crisis, please use the link above for reporting issues/questions/ concerns/gratitude to show your gratitude for the department or individual. AASD will publish that special thanks in our next Daily Update.
- DISTRICT WEBSITE
For your convenience, the District has created a list of Frequently Asked Questions. To access that list, click the link https://sites.google.com/sandi.net/covid19/staff-info
- AASD CONTACT INFORMATION DURING THE DISTRICT CLOSURE
Executive Director, Donis Coronel -- email@example.com 619-813-8792
Office Manager, Linda Crout-Hamel -- firstname.lastname@example.org 619-861-2701
Office Clerk, Jim Costello -- email@example.com
Please keep informed via the District’s website www.sandi.net, Daily Updates from AASD and via the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org.