DAILY UPDATE #92 -- 7/30/2020
- AASD OFFICE CLOSURE
AASD will be sending out a Daily Update, Monday-Friday, throughout the return to instruction/ school reopening period. The Weekly Update will continue as usual on Thursdays with the typical news and information for AASD members. The AASD Office continues to remain closed. AASD staff are working remotely and can be reached via the contact information at the end of this Update.
AASD has created a Google Form for AASD Members to report issues, questions or concerns regarding work-related issues, COVID-19, return to instruction and school reopening. AASD will provide answers to issues, questions or concerns submitted as answers become available. You may also share your gratitude for another AASD member, district personnel, etc. via the same link.
The link to share issues/questions/concerns/gratitude is:
Please do not share this link outside of AASD membership (classified and certificated management/supervisors). The link will be active until this crisis is over.
NOTE: All previous AASD Daily Updates and Weekly Updates are located on the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org if you need to refer back to them for information.
- Q and A (Thursday, July 30, 2020)
Feedback has been submitted about why ALL management team members do not receive the Principal Update. AASD will share that feedback with the district but, ultimately, it is the district’s decision. AASD leadership does receive the Principal’s Update and does publish items that are believed to be of interest to all.
- DISTRICT COMMUNICATIONS
The following communication was sent to principals on July 29 from the district:
**SITE ADMINISTRATORS, PLEASE NOTE**
- REOPENING PLANNING BUDGET TIMECARDS
= Completed timecards that utilize the site specific budgets for the reopening of
schools will need to be sent to Area Superintendents for approval:
- Scan and email timecards to the appropriate Area Superintendent and their admin assistant
- Approval will be sent directly to principals
- Site timekeepers should enter the timecards into Time and Labor by September 30th
- SCHOOL PHOTOGRAPHY CONTRACTS
= All school photography districtwide master agreements ended on June 30th. New
agreements were approved by the Board on July 14th or July 28th.
= Schools must wait until these agreements are approved before scheduling
portrait sessions. Companies should provide proof they have a current Board
approved agreement on file prior to any work.
= SS&C will provide a list of pre-approved photographers for senior and student
= School sites should confirm with the company that county and public health &
safety guidelines are being followed (if and when it is determined that it is safe to
return to campus).
= If choosing to use a company not on the pre-approved list, process the request
through SS&C for Board approval prior to any work being completed.
- HIGH SCHOOL COHORT GRADUATION RATES - Updating Exit Screens in PowerSchool grades 7-12
= Cohort Graduation rates will be finalized and data will be sent to CALPADS the
last week of August.
= There is still time to make necessary changes to the exit screens for the class of
2020 to ensure accurate information.
- Students that do not have adequate information in their Powerschool exit screen may erroneously be considered a dropout from school. Reviewing exit screens to eliminate those errors can have a positive impact on cohort graduation rate.
- Documenting where students have gone after leaving our district is done on the PowerSchool District Exit page. Documentation is required for both of the following types of students:
- All Grade 7–12 students who have finished the prior school year but did not graduate or show up in the current school year
- Grade 7–12 students who have left sometime during the current school year
- OTHER NEWS
Bill to allow California high school seniors to earn diploma passes committee (CBS8, July 30)
CA students could lose free meals as federal waivers set to expire (AASD Member Fred Espinosa, SDUSD Food Services Quoted) (KSBW, July 29)
- SPECIAL GRATITUDE
If an AASD member has a department or individual that deserves special recognition during this time of crisis, please use the link above for reporting issues/questions/ concerns/gratitude to show your gratitude for the department or individual. AASD will publish that special thanks in our next Daily Update.
- DISTRICT WEBSITE
For your convenience, the District has created a list of Frequently Asked Questions. To access that list, click the link https://sites.google.com/sandi.net/covid19/staff-info
- AASD CONTACT INFORMATION DURING THE DISTRICT CLOSURE
Executive Director, Donis Coronel -- email@example.com 619-813-8792
Office Manager, Linda Crout-Hamel -- firstname.lastname@example.org 619-861-2701
Office Clerk, Jim Costello -- email@example.com
Please keep informed via the District’s website www.sandi.net, Daily Updates from AASD and via the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org.