DAILY UPDATE #97 -- 8/06/2020
- AASD OFFICE CLOSURE
AASD will be sending out a Daily Update, Monday-Friday, throughout the return to instruction/ school reopening period. The Weekly Update will continue as usual on Thursdays with the typical news and information for AASD members. The AASD Office continues to remain closed. AASD staff are working remotely and can be reached via the contact information at the end of this Update.
AASD has created a Google Form for AASD Members to report issues, questions or concerns regarding work-related issues, COVID-19, return to instruction and school reopening. AASD will provide answers to issues, questions or concerns submitted as answers become available. You may also share your gratitude for another AASD member, district personnel, etc. via the same link.
The link to share issues/questions/concerns/gratitude is:
Please do not share this link outside of AASD membership (classified and certificated management/supervisors). The link will be active until this crisis is over.
NOTE: All previous AASD Daily Updates and Weekly Updates are located on the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org if you need to refer back to them for information.
- AASD SIGNS JOINT LETTER FROM SDUSD AND ALL SDUSD UNIONS TO THE SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
AASD joined forces with SDUSD and all SDUSD unions to send a communication to the Honorable Nancy Pelosi regarding federal relief for reopening schools.
Link to Federal Advocacy Letter
- DISTRICT COMMUNICATIONS
The follow communication was sent to Principals on August 5:
Master Schedule Update
- Thank you to secondary principals who were able to join our Master Schedule and Instructional Minutes Meeting this afternoon. For those unable to attend, the purpose of the meeting was to provide guidance on developing schedules based on the SDEA Tentative Agreement. SDEA unit members shared concerns with proposed schedules.
- It’s important to remember that the tentative agreement (TA) for reopening has not been ratified by SDEA unit members. Please do not publicize schedules until the Tentative Agreement is ratified.
- Your relational leadership is critical at this time as you lead collaborative discussions with your planning team that creates a win-win scenario for both your students and educators.
- The following resources have been provided to support your planning:
- OTHER NEWS
Why Are Child Care Programs Open When Schools Are Not? (Quotes in article from Superintendent Marten) (NY Times, August 6)
Public Schools May Be Open in the Fall to Those Who Can Afford it (VOSD, August 5)
Teaching in an Empty Classroom During COVID-19: Benefits and Drawbacks (EdWeek, August 4)
- SPECIAL GRATITUDE
If an AASD member has a department or individual that deserves special recognition during this time of crisis, please use the link above for reporting issues/questions/ concerns/gratitude to show your gratitude for the department or individual. AASD will publish that special thanks in our next Daily Update.
- DISTRICT WEBSITE
For your convenience, the District has created a list of Frequently Asked Questions. To access that list, click the link https://sites.google.com/sandi.net/covid19/staff-info
- AASD CONTACT INFORMATION DURING THE DISTRICT CLOSURE
Executive Director, Donis Coronel -- email@example.com 619-813-8792
Office Manager, Linda Crout-Hamel -- firstname.lastname@example.org 619-861-2701
Office Clerk, Jim Costello -- email@example.com
Please keep informed via the District’s website www.sandi.net, Daily Updates from AASD and via the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org.