DAILY UPDATE #119 -- 9/09/2020
- AASD OFFICE CLOSURE.
AASD will be sending out a Daily Update, Monday-Friday, throughout the return to instruction/school reopening period. The Weekly Update will continue as usual on Thursdays with the typical news and information for AASD members. The AASD Office continues to remain closed. AASD staff are working remotely and can be reached via the contact information at the end of this Update.
AASD has created a Google Form for AASD Members to report issues, questions or concerns regarding work-related issues, COVID-19, return to instruction and school reopening. AASD will provide answers to issues, questions or concerns submitted as answers become available. You may also share your gratitude for another AASD member, district personnel, etc., via the same link.
The link to share issues/questions/concerns/gratitude is:
Please do not share this link outside of AASD membership (classified and certificated management/supervisors). The link will be active until this crisis is over.
NOTE: All previous AASD Daily Updates and Weekly Updates are located on the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org if you need to refer back to them for information.
- DISTRICT COMMUNICATIONS
The following communication was sent to Principals on September 8:
- EDUCATOR GUIDELINES FOR ONLINE LEARNING
- We have developed Educator Guidelines: Online Learning. Please share with your staff.
- Topics include all of the guidance within the Back to School Guide as well as operational topics such as:
- Racial Justice & Equity (actions for 2020-2021)
- Educator safeguards including professional relationships
- Use of technology and social media
- Outside employment
- Zoom guidelines
- Student confidentiality
- Visiting teacher information
- Employee training resource
- URGENT NAME & GENDER CHANGE
- GATE CERTIFICATION CLASSES
- GATE certification classes are now available through a hybrid version offered through UCSD.
- The class schedules and registration are posted on the GATE website through the staff portal.
- If you have questions you may contact Chris Marra email@example.com.
- PARENT LEARNING MENUS
- The Parent Learning Menu is constantly being updated with content and translations (Spanish, Tagalog, Somali, Swahili, and Vietnamese).
- Families can learn about technology, social emotional support, health/safety and family resources.
- Please share with your community.
- HOME LANGUAGE SURVEY REMINDER
- Please make sure that the Home Language Survey (HLS) is part of the new student registration paperwork.
- The Office of Language Acquisition will contact principals regarding students missing an HLS.
- The HLS is a very important document as it initiates the English Learner identification process.
- RELIGIOUS OBSERVANCES - Reminder. This was added to Principal Updates on Friday evening.
- Our District values and affirms the diversity of our students, families, and school communities, as well as their cultural and religious observances.
- Staff should make every effort to schedule school events (examinations, school-sponsored activities, open house, school photos, and parent-teacher conferences) to minimize conflicts with Religious observances
- Please see the following dates with the Religious Observances Calendar for your information.
- For your reference, September includes major Jewish Holy Days including:
- Rosh Hashanah beginning on Friday, September 18th at sundown and ending at sundown on Sunday, September 20th
- Yom Kippur beginning on Sunday, September 27th at sundown and ending at sundown on Monday, September 28th.
- OTHER NEWS
Coronavirus cases hit 400 at SDSU (SD Union Tribune, September 8)
- SPECIAL GRATITUDE
If an AASD member has a department or individual that deserves special recognition during this time of crisis, please use the link above for reporting issues/questions/concerns/gratitude to show your gratitude for the department or individual. AASD will publish that special thanks in our next Daily Update.
- DISTRICT WEBSITE
For your convenience, the District has created a list of Frequently Asked Questions. To access that list, click the link https://sites.google.com/sandi.net/covid19/staff-info
- AASD CONTACT INFORMATION
Executive Director, Donis Coronel -- firstname.lastname@example.org 619-813-8792
Office Manager, Linda Crout-Hamel -- email@example.com 619-861-2701
Office Clerk, Jim Costello -- firstname.lastname@example.org
Please keep informed via the District’s website www.sandi.net, Daily Updates from AASD and via the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org.