DAILY UPDATE #120 -- 9/10/2020
- NOTE: THERE WILL NOT BE A DAILY UPDATE PRODUCED ON FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 11 DUE TO STAFF UNAVAILABILITY. THE DAILY UPDATE WILL RESUME ON MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 14.
- AASD OFFICE CLOSURE.
AASD will be sending out a Daily Update, Monday-Friday, throughout the return to instruction/school reopening period. The Weekly Update will continue as usual on Thursdays with the typical news and information for AASD members. The AASD Office continues to remain closed. AASD staff are working remotely and can be reached via the contact information at the end of this Update.
AASD has created a Google Form for AASD Members to report issues, questions or concerns regarding work-related issues, COVID-19, return to instruction and school reopening. AASD will provide answers to issues, questions or concerns submitted as answers become available. You may also share your gratitude for another AASD member, district personnel, etc., via the same link.
The link to share issues/questions/concerns/gratitude is:
Please do not share this link outside of AASD membership (classified and certificated management/supervisors). The link will be active until this crisis is over.
NOTE: All previous AASD Daily Updates and Weekly Updates are located on the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org if you need to refer back to them for information.
- Q and A (Thursday, September 10, 2020)
Q: If I am a classified supervisor or manager and I’m being now required (or will be soon required) to report to work, and I have an underlying medical issue that makes returning dangerous, what do I do?
A: (Answer provided by AASD) Contact AASD for assistance. Executive Director, Donis Coronel, will support you through the process. firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-813-8792.
- DISTRICT COMMUNICATIONS
The following communication was sent to Principals on September 9:
- STUDENT & FAMILY OUTREACH: TIERED INTERVENTIONS & SUPPORTS
- To ensure 100% of our students are actively engaged and participating in online learning, we developed a Multi-Tiered Approach to support all school sites.
- School Connection Teams will be working alongside principals and school staff to assist in connecting with students who are chronically absent or have not logged into online learning within the first month of school.
- SPSA TRAINING AND OPEN LABS
- EDUCATOR OFFICE HOURS
- All educators supporting students with unique learning needs are invited to voluntary office hours.
- All educators needing support with PowerSchool IEP’s are invited to attend office hours.
- SPECIAL EDUCATION GUIDANCE
- INITIAL ELPAC TESTING
- Initial ELPAC testing is underway! There have been changes to the 2020-2021 Initial ELPAC test.
- Please review this Link here for updated information and the training schedule.
- CALIFORNIA ALTERNATE ASSESSMENT (CAA) SCIENCE ASSESSMENT
- The CAA for Science is a part of the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) System.
- The testing window is now open. To learn more, please read this document
- For questions, please contact, Erika Simmons (email@example.com), Director of Assessment or Marco Samaniego (firstname.lastname@example.org), Area 3 Program Manager.
- OLA OFFICE HOURS
- OLA will be hosting weekly Office Hours for administrators and educators on Fridays.
- Please see this OLA Flyer for Zoom links and office hour dates/times.
- DOUG FISHER LEARNING OPPORTUNITY
- We are excited to share that Doug Fisher will be providing a voluntary PD for educators!
- A Zoom session is being scheduled by cluster area on Effective Teaching Practices grounded in research and evidence-based strategies that teachers can use to deliver quality teaching practices and quality learning interactions in an online environment.
- More information coming soon!
- ELEMENTARY UPDATES
- TK/ Kindergarten - Reminder: Meeting Tomorrow
- Please join our voluntary session tomorrow, September 10th from 1:30-2:45 pm.
- Hear from site leaders their strategies to welcome, connect and retain their students and families.
- See calendar invite for meeting details.
- SECONDARY UPDATES
- Designated ELD (dELD)
- In an effort to support sites with EL placement in dELD courses, OLA will send a link tomorrow to each site administrator with a report indicating ELs not placed in a designated course.
- OTHER NEWS
Superintendents must decide best way to reopen campuses while keeping students, teachers and others safe (Ed Source, September 10) NOTE: A VERY INTERESTING READ ABOUT NORTHERN CA SCHOOL DISTRICTS
San Diego private school Our Lady of Peace closes nine days after reopening due to positive COVID cases (SD Union Tribune, September 10)
SDSU tallies 444 coronavirus cases and first hospitalization (SD Union Tribune, September 9)
- SPECIAL GRATITUDE
If an AASD member has a department or individual that deserves special recognition during this time of crisis, please use the link above for reporting issues/questions/concerns/gratitude to show your gratitude for the department or individual. AASD will publish that special thanks in our next Daily Update.
- DISTRICT WEBSITE
For your convenience, the District has created a list of Frequently Asked Questions. To access that list, click the link https://sites.google.com/sandi.net/covid19/staff-info
- AASD CONTACT INFORMATION
Executive Director, Donis Coronel -- email@example.com 619-813-8792
Office Manager, Linda Crout-Hamel -- firstname.lastname@example.org 619-861-2701
Office Clerk, Jim Costello -- email@example.com
Please keep informed via the District’s website www.sandi.net, Daily Updates from AASD and via the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org.