DAILY UPDATE #124 -- 9/17/2020
- NEGOTIATED HOTLINE FOR AASD MEMBERS IS UP AND RUNNING!
As previously reported, AASD negotiated a “hotline” for any AASD member to contact for help as needed. In the Return to Instruction MOU, AASD negotiated the following language:
The District will establish a “hotline” available to AASD unit members and other management who are charged with enforcing the health and safety policies and procedures where they can call or e-mail and get immediate assistance when conflicts arise, clarification is needed, or decisions must be made regarding health and safety matters. This hotline will be available on all District workdays, Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and will be staffed with a person in authority who has the capability to make decisions or who has direct access to those who can make decisions. In the rare event that a message must be left, all calls will be returned promptly, within the same day.
As of September 17, the hotline is up and running. AASD is pleased to announce that our AASD member, Brian Kenworthy, who is a classified manager (Operations Specialist) is the voice on the other end of the hotline. Many of you know Brian as he has worked for the district for 18 years in departments such as Human Resources, Summer School/ESY, Leadership and Learning, Labor Relations, Office of the Superintendent and the Charter School Office. Brian will be a great resource for our members and is a well-respected manager. Thank you, Brian!
This hotline is for ALL AASD represented members, both classified and certificated. The Hotline phone number is (619) 981-0760.
- DISTRICT COMMUNICATIONS
The following communication was sent to principals on September 16:
- SITE ACCESS FOR ESSENTIAL WORKERS
- From time to time there may be an urgent need for an essential visitor (district staff or contractor) to enter a classroom to perform emergent facility or technology repairs in classrooms during on-line learning & Phase One Appointment Based Learning.
- Please review this DOCUMENT for guidance.
- ELEMENTARY UPDATES
- VAPA - ART LESSONS
- Elementary classroom teachers can now access free lessons in dance, music, theatre, and visual arts for grades PK-5. Please review this NOTICE from VAPA for more information.
- Please contact email@example.com with questions.
- SECONDARY UPDATES
- HIGH SCHOOL GVC: Upcoming Professional Learning Sessions Now Available
- Science, ELA, Math, and History Social-Science will be holding optional professional learning sessions to prepare for upcoming units within district-created GVC.
- You can view all sessions and zoom links here: 2020-2021 IIT Professional Learning Schedule.
- 9th & 10th Grade ELA GVC Courses: Novel Suggestions
- All novels suggested within the ELA 9: Identity & Relationships course and ELA 10: Conflict & Change course are recommendations and can be substituted by any novel with a similar theme and style.
- If students are unable to access novels during Online Learning, teachers may use short stories from the textbook or www.Commonlit.org.
- See the SDUSD Literacy Website for additional information and suggestions.
- dELD Placement
- OTHER NEWS
Another last minute reversal: NYC to delay reopening for most students (NY Chalkbeat, September 17)
- SPECIAL GRATITUDE
If an AASD member has a department or individual that deserves special recognition during this time of crisis, please use the link below for reporting issues/questions/concerns/gratitude to show your gratitude for the department or individual. AASD will publish that special thanks in our next Daily Update.
- AASD OFFICE CLOSURE
AASD will be sending out a Daily Update, Monday-Friday, throughout the return to instruction/school reopening period. The Weekly Update will continue as usual on Thursdays with the typical news and information for AASD members. The AASD Office continues to remain closed. AASD staff are working remotely and can be reached via the contact information at the end of this Update.
AASD has created a Google Form for AASD Members to report issues, questions or concerns regarding work-related issues, COVID-19, return to instruction and school reopening. AASD will provide answers to issues, questions or concerns submitted as answers become available. You may also share your gratitude for another AASD member, district personnel, etc., via the same link.
The link to share issues/questions/concerns/gratitude is:
Please do not share this link outside of AASD membership (classified and certificated management/supervisors). The link will be active until this crisis is over.
NOTE: All previous AASD Daily Updates and Weekly Updates are located on the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org if you need to refer back to them for information.
- DISTRICT WEBSITE
For your convenience, the District has created a list of Frequently Asked Questions. To access that list, click the link https://sites.google.com/sandi.net/covid19/staff-info
- AASD CONTACT INFORMATION
Executive Director, Donis Coronel -- firstname.lastname@example.org 619-813-8792
Office Manager, Linda Crout-Hamel -- email@example.com 619-861-2701
Office Clerk, Jim Costello -- firstname.lastname@example.org
Please keep informed via the District’s website www.sandi.net, Daily Updates from AASD and via the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org.