DAILY UPDATE #125 -- 9/18/2020
- HOTLINE FOR AASD MEMBERS IS NOW AVAILABLE
The “hotline” established with the District is available to AASD unit members and other management who are charged with enforcing the health and safety policies and procedures. Call the hotline when you need immediate assistance when conflicts arise, clarification is needed, or decisions must be made regarding health and safety matters.
This hotline is for ALL AASD represented members, both classified and certificated. The hotline phone number is (619) 981-0760. The hotline is available on all District workdays, Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. In the rare event that a message must be left, all calls will be returned promptly, within the same day.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION WILL BE FORTHCOMING FROM THE DISTRICT REGARDING LATEST GUIDANCE ON SCHOOL REOPENINGS (INCLUDING PHASE ONE)
Please click the two links below for information sent out this morning from SD County Superintendent and also an article in the SD Union Tribune. AASD was in contact first thing this morning with Chief of Staff, Staci Monreal, who stated that the District will share information regarding this new information and the impact on Phase One Appointment Based Instruction in today’s Principal Update.
The information below will likely affect other SD County school districts that were scheduled to reopen soon.
SDCOE Superintendent Letter 9/17/2020
- Q and A (Friday, September 18, 2020)
Q: Are general education teachers required to write present levels of performance for students with IEPs now that they can access IEPs on PowerSchool and presents levels of performance portion on the IEP template is writable?
A: (Provided by the District/Sarah Ott) Present levels are required to be input by the IEP team. As part of the call to action for students with disabilities, we want to have general education teachers take a more active role in the IEP development and process. This is one way that general education teachers can give input to the IEP. This has been done in the past, however the general education teacher would give this information to the educational specialist other ways and now can write it directly into the IEP.
Q: The technology support phone lines for staff, students and parents are inundated. Wait times are reportedly ranging from 30 to 90 minutes. What is the plan to address this?
A: (Provided by the District) As mentioned in the IT Updates - Sept 14 <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zRr3DNAOGLyh5KsU0wrxC1-lurOan5amFtWX1qPLpPE/edit?usp=sharing> in the Educator Update, IT is in the process of adding staff to handle call volume for the Family Internet Support Line.
- DISTRICT COMMUNICATIONS
The following communication was sent to Principals on September 17:
- LEGAL SERVICES SUPPORT
- If you need support from our district’s Legal Services department, please contact General Counsel Andra Greene’s assistant Diane Harrelson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UPDATED TROUBLESHOOTING FOR JOINING AUTHENTICATED MEETINGS
- These three problem solving procedures will resolve most issues when joining authenticated Zoom meetings from a district Chromebook.
- Please try these steps in order. For example, if #1 doesn’t work, try #2. If #2 doesn’t work, try #3.
- ELEMENTARY UPDATES
- EARLY CHILDHOOD SPECIAL EDUCATION (ECSE) INFORMATION UPDATE:
- During online instruction, ECSE Itinerant Teachers will provide assistance with ECSE part day blended and separate setting in the following ways:
- Collaborate with part day blended and separate setting ECSE teachers to provide SAI support and services.
- Develop and adapt curriculum to align with student IEP goals.
- Prepare and create electronic materials.
- Develop and share asynchronous activities.
- Support Assessments: DRDP, Observations, and Data Collection.
- To request support, teachers can complete the link: ECSE Request for Support and Collaboration.
- SECONDARY UPDATES
- Waiver for dELD Participation
- For English Learner families who are requesting that their student NOT participate in designated ELD courses, the following waiver must be filled out, electronically signed by the parent/guardian, hard copy placed in the student cum folder (when safe to do so), and sent to the OLA office:
- If a family is unable to sign electronically, verification can happen via email or phone and should be documented on the waiver.
- SPECIAL GRATITUDE
If an AASD member has a department or individual that deserves special recognition during this time of crisis, please use the link below for reporting issues/questions/concerns/gratitude to show your gratitude for the department or individual. AASD will publish that special thanks in our next Daily Update.
- AASD OFFICE CLOSURE
AASD will be sending out a Daily Update, Monday-Friday, throughout the return to instruction/school reopening period. The Weekly Update will continue as usual on Thursdays with the typical news and information for AASD members. The AASD Office continues to remain closed. AASD staff are working remotely and can be reached via the contact information at the end of this Update.
AASD has created a Google Form for AASD Members to report issues, questions or concerns regarding work-related issues, COVID-19, return to instruction and school reopening. AASD will provide answers to issues, questions or concerns submitted as answers become available. You may also share your gratitude for another AASD member, district personnel, etc., via the same link.
The link to share issues/questions/concerns/gratitude is:
Please do not share this link outside of AASD membership (classified and certificated management/supervisors). The link will be active until this crisis is over.
NOTE: All previous AASD Daily Updates and Weekly Updates are located on the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org if you need to refer back to them for information.
- DISTRICT WEBSITE
For your convenience, the District has created a list of Frequently Asked Questions. To access that list, click the link https://sites.google.com/sandi.net/covid19/staff-info
- AASD CONTACT INFORMATION
Executive Director, Donis Coronel -- email@example.com 619-813-8792
Office Manager, Linda Crout-Hamel -- firstname.lastname@example.org 619-861-2701
Office Clerk, Jim Costello -- email@example.com
Please keep informed via the District’s website www.sandi.net, Daily Updates from AASD and via the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org.