DAILY UPDATE #128 -- 9/23/2020
- NEW ITEMS
- Q and A (Wednesday, September 23, 2020)
Q: I have a huge safety and workload concern regarding the drive through events on our campuses, particularly textbook checkout. In order to assist families we have to get close enough to hear their questions and hand out books and supplies. We are also running around carrying heavy items for hours. Many of the families that walk up come in large groups and do not respect social distancing guidelines. In addition, while we are not required to be on site, these tasks cannot get done without admin supervision or direct interaction. We continue to get directives from district leadership on what we are expected to provide families, but are getting no support to carry out these directives. I have yet to see one central office district person helping on my site. I have yet to see one central office district person helping on my site.
A: (Answer provided by the District) You should be utilizing your custodial staff to assist, and if there is specific need, you can contact your area Custodial Services Supervisor for additional support. Also, school police can assist at a specific event with traffic control, line management, etc. Contact your campus police officer or school police dispatch for assistance.
- DISTRICT COMMUNICATIONS
The following communication was sent to principals on September 22:
- ON-SITE LEARNING: PHASE 1 IMPLEMENTATION MEETING
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2020 FROM 12:00-2:00 PM
- Mandatory for Elementary Principals - The purpose is to support you and your site teams in identifying students, creating student-centered schedules and coordinating resources to include Health & Safety guidelines.
- Voluntary for Secondary Principals - You are welcome to attend to learn about the details currently being considered for on-site learning.
- In preparation for our meeting, we will provide you with guiding documents by Monday, Sept 28th.
- Outlook invite and Zoom details to follow.
- NOTE FROM AASD – AASD ENCOURAGES ALL SECONDARY PRINCIPALS TO ATTEND THIS MEETING IF POSSIBLE. THE MEETING IS VOLUNTARY, BUT AASD HOPES YOU WILL ATTEND.
- REOPENING BUDGETS - SPENDING DEADLINE EXTENDED
- To support all sites plan and prepare for onsite appointment based services/learning, we have extended the Reopening Site Funds deadline.
- You may continue to use the allocated funds to offer additional hours to your staff until October 15th. Work with your site timekeeper & budget analyst to confirm your remaining balances.
- All time must be entered into PeopleSoft by October 16th.
- The budget strings for Clerical, PARAs, Administrator, Vice Principal, Counseling and Non-Classroom Teacher can be found on this chart.
- OLA is requesting that each school with 21 or more ELs complete the ELAC Response Form by October 16th.
- Remember every California public school with 21 or more English learners must form an English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC).
- ELAC records must be available for public review upon request and retained for three years.
- WALL CALENDARS
- ELEMENTARY UPDATES
- Elementary Designated ELD Schedules Site Documentation
- OLA is responsible for maintaining records verifying all English learners receive ELD instruction.
- Every year, designated ELD schedules are collected from all elementary school sites.
- Please complete this Google Form to confirm your site’s dELD schedules by Friday, September 25.
- AASD/DISTRICT "HOTLINE" INFORMATION
The hotline established with the District is available to AASD unit members and other management who are charged with enforcing the health and safety policies and procedures. Call the hotline when you need immediate assistance when conflicts arise, clarification is needed, or decisions must be made regarding health and safety matters.
This hotline is for ALL AASD represented members, both classified and certificated. The hotline phone number is (619) 981-0760. The hotline is available on all District workdays, Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. In the rare event that a message must be left, all calls will be returned promptly, within the same day.
- SPECIAL GRATITUDE
If an AASD member has a department or individual that deserves special recognition during this time of crisis, please use the link below for reporting issues/questions/concerns/gratitude to show your gratitude for the department or individual. AASD will publish that special thanks in our next Daily Update.
- AASD OFFICE CLOSURE
AASD will be sending out a Daily Update, Monday-Friday, throughout the return to instruction/school reopening period. The Weekly Update will continue as usual on Thursdays with the typical news and information for AASD members. The AASD Office continues to remain closed. AASD staff are working remotely and can be reached via the contact information at the end of this Update.
AASD has created a Google Form for AASD Members to report issues, questions or concerns regarding work-related issues, COVID-19, return to instruction and school reopening. AASD will provide answers to issues, questions or concerns submitted as answers become available. You may also share your gratitude for another AASD member, district personnel, etc., via the same link.
The link to share issues/questions/concerns/gratitude is:
Please do not share this link outside of AASD membership (classified and certificated management/supervisors). The link will be active until this crisis is over.
NOTE: All previous AASD Daily Updates and Weekly Updates are located on the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org if you need to refer back to them for information.
- DISTRICT WEBSITE
For your convenience, the District has created a list of Frequently Asked Questions. To access that list, click the link https://sites.google.com/sandi.net/covid19/staff-info
- AASD CONTACT INFORMATION
Executive Director, Donis Coronel -- email@example.com 619-813-8792
Office Manager, Linda Crout-Hamel -- firstname.lastname@example.org 619-861-2701
Office Clerk, Jim Costello -- email@example.com
Please keep informed via the District’s website www.sandi.net, Daily Updates from AASD and via the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org.