DAILY UPDATE #136 -- 10/06/2020
- NEW ITEMS
- Q and A (Tuesday, October 6, 2020)
Q: Has AASD already bargained Phase Two or subsequent phases? I heard AASD has done so.
A: (Answer provided by AASD) No, AASD has not bargained Phase Two or any subsequent phases. When AASD does enter into negotiations, an announcement will be shared via either the Daily or Weekly Update.
- DISTRICT COMMUNICATIONS
The following communication was sent from the district to principals on October 5:
- CHARGERS CHAMPIONS GRANT OPPORTUNITY
- LCFF DATA
- Sites will be sent pre-slugged, paper forms for only those students who are not identified via other means (e.g., direct certification, family matching, etc.).
- The new deadline to submit online information via the Parent Portal or via paper forms is November 20, 2020.
- Please review this document for more information and contact email@example.com with any questions.
- FOOD SERVICES UPDATE
- Breaking News! Each week Food Services will hand out groceries to families in addition to student meals.
- We would appreciate you informing your families of the dates your schools will be receiving them.
- Here is the list for the week of October 5th thru the 9th
- PHASE ONE BEST PRACTICES
- Thank you all for participating in last Friday’s Voluntary Phase One session & sharing creative solutions.
- We captured the ideas shared onto this Phase One Best Practices document.
- Our sincerest gratitude to Principal Michel Cazary for sharing and hosting today’s voluntary session on Unpacking Phase One: Using Backwards Design
- PHASE ONE FORMS & CHECKLISTS
- Based on principal feedback we have clarified the documents that need to be completed for Phase One.
- Here is the link for the Phase One Forms and Checklists. We will link this page on the Principal Guidance Document.
- SPECIAL EDUCATION ALLOCATIONS INFORMATION
- Last Friday, October 2nd, was the date all enrollment allocations were pulled for both general education and special education. In order to ensure your data is accurate, site administrators should take the following steps:
- Ensure that your students are assigned and are in PowerSchool.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to notify of any considerations when the allocations are calculated.
- SPECIAL GRATITUDE
If an AASD member has a department or individual that deserves special recognition during this time of crisis, please use the link below for reporting issues/questions/concerns/gratitude to show your gratitude for the department or individual. AASD will publish that special thanks in our next Daily Update.
Barb Waller, Principal, Barnard Elementary shared the following: “We are eternally grateful to Michel Cazary, Principal, Spreckels Elementary, and her amazing team, for sharing their best practices for Phase One Reopening.”
An AASD Member in Good Standing thanks the Custodial Services team under the direction of Ron Dare (Phil Baertschi, Mark Harrington, Ruben Meave, Bob Werner and any TOC Supervisors including Troy Hickey and any others) for their commitment to getting the school sites stocked with PPE and other custodial supplies in anticipation of Phase One reopening.
- OTHER NEWS
New Form for Special Ed Students Triggers SDUSD Parents’ Fears (VOSD, October 5)
In order to safely reopen schools, we have to talk about indoor air quality and ventilation (EdSource October 4)
- AASD/DISTRICT "HOTLINE" INFORMATION
The hotline established with the District is available to AASD unit members and other management who are charged with enforcing the health and safety policies and procedures. Call the hotline when you need immediate assistance when conflicts arise, clarification is needed, or decisions must be made regarding health and safety matters.
This hotline is for ALL AASD represented members, both classified and certificated. The hotline phone number is (619) 981-0760. The hotline is available on all District workdays, Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. In the rare event that a message must be left, all calls will be returned promptly, within the same day.
- AASD OFFICE CLOSURE
AASD will be sending out a Daily Update, Monday-Friday, throughout the return to instruction/school reopening period. The Weekly Update will continue as usual on Thursdays with the typical news and information for AASD members. The AASD Office continues to remain closed. AASD staff are working remotely and can be reached via the contact information at the end of this Update.
AASD has created a Google Form for AASD Members to report issues, questions or concerns regarding work-related issues, COVID-19, return to instruction and school reopening. AASD will provide answers to issues, questions or concerns submitted as answers become available. You may also share your gratitude for another AASD member, district personnel, etc., via the same link.
The link to share issues/questions/concerns/gratitude is:
Please do not share this link outside of AASD membership (classified and certificated management/supervisors). The link will be active until this crisis is over.
NOTE: All previous AASD Daily Updates and Weekly Updates are located on the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org if you need to refer back to them for information.
- DISTRICT WEBSITE
For your convenience, the District has created a list of Frequently Asked Questions. To access that list, click the link https://sites.google.com/sandi.net/covid19/staff-info
- AASD CONTACT INFORMATION
Executive Director, Donis Coronel -- email@example.com 619-813-8792
Office Manager, Linda Crout-Hamel -- firstname.lastname@example.org 619-861-2701
Office Clerk, Jim Costello -- email@example.com
Please keep informed via the District’s website www.sandi.net, Daily Updates from AASD and via the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org.