DAILY UPDATE #137 -- 10/07/2020
- NEW ITEMS
- MESSAGE FROM SUPERINTENDENT MARTEN – EMAIL SENT TO ALL SDUSD EMPLOYEES
The following email was sent today to all SDUSD staff from Superintendent Marten and is an important read. AASD supports the recommendation that all school employees who are returning to the work site voluntarily test for COVID-19 ASAP and then continue to be tested every two weeks.
See the email and the link to free COVID-19 testing at various locations (some specific to school district personnel only).
Message from Superintendent Marten
- Q and A (Wednesday, October 7, 2020)
- Q: I am confused about the “hotlines.” There are two hotlines and I’m not sure which one is to be used for what?
A: (Answer provided by AASD) You are correct. There are two hotlines. See below for additional information.
- AASD/DISTRICT "HOTLINE"
This hotline is available to AASD unit members (principals, vice principals, central office certificated management, classified managers, classified supervisors) who are charged with enforcing the health and safety policies and procedures. Call the hotline when you need immediate assistance when conflicts arise, clarification is needed, or decisions must be made regarding health and safety matters. This hotline is answered by AASD represented manager, Brian Kenworthy. This hotline is for ALL AASD represented members, both classified and certificated. The hotline phone number is (619) 981-0760. The hotline is available on all District workdays, Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. In the rare event that a message must be left, all calls will be returned promptly, within the same day.
- OPERATIONS PRINCIPAL PRIORITY PHONE LINE (MANAGED BY PPO)
This hotline is specifically for issues regarding PPE or the physical site. Example: Site runs out of PPE and can’t seem to get it replenished. Site needs more signage or is having a problem with some sort of equipment that was delivered. Facilities issues, PPE Equipment, Landscape, etc.
Operations Principal Priority Phone Line - (858) 634-4058
- Q: Regarding the retirement Incentive - Who can we contact at CalPERS to get an estimate of our anticipated monthly payments starting in January? I know several people who are having difficulty navigating the website where the calculations are made, and we have a short window to make a decision based on this expected income. Thank you!
A: (Answer provided by AASD) See the district’s page regarding the retirement incentive (link below). There are also workshops scheduled with CalPERS and CalSTRS. Unfortunately, AASD does not have any other way of reaching CalPERS and CalSTRS.
CALPERS AND CALSTRS WORKSHOPS:
CalPERS Workshop: October 16, 2020, 9:30AM
CalSTRS Workshop: October 16, 2020, 1:30PM
Please click the following link for the registration link for these retirement workshops and for other important information.
- DISTRICT COMMUNICATIONS
The following communication was sent from the district to principals on October 6:
- PHASE ONE LETTER RE: HEALTH & SAFETY
- Our highest priority is the health and safety of our students, staff and community.
- In preparation for the start of Phase 1, we have prepared two separate communications from Superintendent Marten to all staff and families clarifying the importance of wearing masks, getting tested for COVID-19 as well as a flu shot:
- Staff Letter - This will be sent centrally to all staff.
- Student/Family Letter - Elementary Principals: please send this letter to students/families invited for Phase One Appointment based services.
- Please direct any questions to Nursing and Wellness.
- STAFF MEETING CLARIFICATION
- In our ongoing effort to support students and educators during online learning, we would like to revisit the amount of meetings site leaders should schedule per month.
- During this phase of online learning, we recommend scheduling no more than 3 required all staff meetings per month inclusive of:
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Staff Meetings
- Required standing committees (PBIS, School Climate, Technology etc.) Only if all educators are required to participate. We suggest all committees are scheduled on the same day.
- Staff Meetings: Principals may decide to communicate operational updates through other means such as voluntary office hours, email, screencast, FlipGrid, JamBoard, Google, instead of an all staff meeting, which will allow for professional development or PLC meetings.
- Please make sure to share updates and information with ALL staff members, especially after any “voluntary” staff meeting to ensure all faculty and staff have access to the same information.
- If you have additional questions, please contact Labor Relations or your Area Superintendent.
- POWERSCHOOL SPECIAL PROGRAMS IEP AND 504 PROGRAM UPDATE NOTICE
- The PowerSchool Special Ed (IEP) and 504 system will be unavailable Thursday, October 8th 4:00-6:00 PM due to required updates to version PSSP 20.08.
- PowerSchool Administrator, PowerTeacher, and the Parent/Student Portal will NOT be affected by this update.
- For more information about Special Ed please contact Shane Moore. For more information about 504 please contact email@example.com.
- To review reported issues addressed in the update, go to PowerSchool IEP Reported Issues.
- AASD/DISTRICT "HOTLINE" INFORMATION
The hotline established with the District is available to AASD unit members and other management who are charged with enforcing the health and safety policies and procedures. Call the hotline when you need immediate assistance when conflicts arise, clarification is needed, or decisions must be made regarding health and safety matters.
This hotline is for ALL AASD represented members, both classified and certificated. The hotline phone number is (619) 981-0760. The hotline is available on all District workdays, Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. In the rare event that a message must be left, all calls will be returned promptly, within the same day.
- SPECIAL GRATITUDE
If an AASD member has a department or individual that deserves special recognition during this time of crisis, please use the link below for reporting issues/questions/concerns/gratitude to show your gratitude for the department or individual. AASD will publish that special thanks in our next Daily Update.
- AASD OFFICE CLOSURE
AASD will be sending out a Daily Update, Monday-Friday, throughout the return to instruction/school reopening period. The Weekly Update will continue as usual on Thursdays with the typical news and information for AASD members. The AASD Office continues to remain closed. AASD staff are working remotely and can be reached via the contact information at the end of this Update.
AASD has created a Google Form for AASD Members to report issues, questions or concerns regarding work-related issues, COVID-19, return to instruction and school reopening. AASD will provide answers to issues, questions or concerns submitted as answers become available. You may also share your gratitude for another AASD member, district personnel, etc., via the same link.
The link to share issues/questions/concerns/gratitude is:
Please do not share this link outside of AASD membership (classified and certificated management/supervisors). The link will be active until this crisis is over.
NOTE: All previous AASD Daily Updates and Weekly Updates are located on the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org if you need to refer back to them for information.
- DISTRICT WEBSITE
For your convenience, the District has created a list of Frequently Asked Questions. To access that list, click the link https://sites.google.com/sandi.net/covid19/staff-info
- AASD CONTACT INFORMATION
Executive Director, Donis Coronel -- firstname.lastname@example.org 619-813-8792
Office Manager, Linda Crout-Hamel -- email@example.com 619-861-2701
Office Clerk, Jim Costello -- firstname.lastname@example.org
Please keep informed via the District’s website www.sandi.net, Daily Updates from AASD and via the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org.