DAILY UPDATE #140 -- 10/12/2020
- NEW ITEMS
- RETIREMENT INCENTIVE INFORMATIONAL MEETINGS
The following meetings have been scheduled for AASD represented members who may be interested in the retirement incentive. The link to join the meeting was sent by the District to your sandi.net email.
Today, October 12 at 4:30 p.m. (AASD members only)
October 17 at 2:30 p.m. (all employees from any group)
October 20 at 4:30 p.m. (AASD members only)
October 27 at 4:00 p.m. (all employees from any group)
Remember the deadline to submit all of the paperwork to participate is October 29.
- AASD wishes all elementary schools who are implementing Phase One the best of luck tomorrow! Thank you for all your hard work and dedication in planning for Phase One. Remember, if you have any issue occur where you need immediate assistance/clarification/etc., please call the negotiated hotline which is available for any AASD member to call (see hotline information below under the "Reminders" section of this Daily Update).
- DISTRICT COMMUNICATIONS
The following communication was sent by the district to principals on October 9:
- FALL STAFFING PROCESS
- Thank you for the time and effort you have made to ensure your students are enrolled and participating.
- Due to your diligence, the Fall Staffing process will be focused only on moving staff to fill positions that have increased due to enrollment.
- Here is the Fall Staffing Process 2020. It includes the rules, talking points and FAQs in one document.
- Your assigned HRO is your main contact if you have questions.
- PHASE ONE SCREENCAST
- We developed a screencast for elementary educators who choose to provide Phase One Appointment Based Onsite Learning
- The purpose is to share the health and safety guidelines that will be in place for when students receive instructional support during Phase One.
- We highly recommend educators who choose to provide Phase One Appointment Based Onsite Learning view this screencast prior to starting Phase One to ensure a safe and successful transition for our students and educators.
- PHASE ONE RESTROOM OCCUPANCY
- Restroom occupancy must be limited during the phased return to school.
- For information on determining restroom occupancy, please review this document.
- SPECIAL ED: ONLINE LEARNING STRATEGIES FOR MODERATE/SEVERE TRAINING
- Join the Online Learning Strategies for Moderate/Severe Training:
- Thursday, 10/15 1:00-3:00 PM - Zoom Link
- Meeting ID: 818 5484 2977 and Password: 030370
- Moderate/Severe teachers may gain skills and confidence necessary to provide academic rigor to our students.
- FOOD SERVICES: FOOD BOXES AT SELECT CURBSIDE GRAB N’ GO MEAL LOCATIONS
- Each week, Food & Nutrition Services is provided with extra food boxes from Feeding San Diego, the San Diego Food Bank and the USDA.
- These additional boxes, limited in quantity, contain shelf-stable grocery items, or fresh produce, or a mix are available at a select number of schools each week.
- Check this Extra Food Box Schedule 10.12-10.16 to see the list of sites with extra boxes.
- Families are encouraged to arrive early to the 12:00-2:00 distribution time.
- Please share this information with your school families if there will be extra food boxes at your school or a school nearby!
- MICRO-CREDENTIAL SDUSD PILOT
- During the 2020-2021 school year, SDUSD will pilot a new micro-credential program for educators. For more information see this flyer and this 1-pager.
- Please complete this interest form by Oct. 14th. For more information, contact Liz Perry.
- ETHNIC STUDIES MICRO-CREDENTIAL
- Educators teaching Ethnic Studies courses are invited to the Ethnic Studies micro-credential group and are given priority for enrollment in this group. More information is provided on this flyer.
- Please click on this link to sign-up. For more information contact Toya Profit.
- OTHER NEWS
Schools are two months into reopening under COVID-19 and no one’s keeping track of how it’s going (CNN, October 12)
- AASD/DISTRICT "HOTLINE" INFORMATION
The hotline established with the District is available to AASD unit members and other management who are charged with enforcing the health and safety policies and procedures. Call the hotline when you need immediate assistance when conflicts arise, clarification is needed, or decisions must be made regarding health and safety matters.
This hotline is for ALL AASD represented members, both classified and certificated. The hotline phone number is (619) 981-0760. The hotline is available on all District workdays, Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. In the rare event that a message must be left, all calls will be returned promptly, within the same day.
- SPECIAL GRATITUDE
If an AASD member has a department or individual that deserves special recognition during this time of crisis, please use the link below for reporting issues/questions/concerns/gratitude to show your gratitude for the department or individual. AASD will publish that special thanks in our next Daily Update.
- AASD OFFICE CLOSURE
AASD will be sending out a Daily Update, Monday-Friday, throughout the return to instruction/school reopening period. The Weekly Update will continue as usual on Thursdays with the typical news and information for AASD members. The AASD Office continues to remain closed. AASD staff are working remotely and can be reached via the contact information at the end of this Update.
AASD has created a Google Form for AASD Members to report issues, questions or concerns regarding work-related issues, COVID-19, return to instruction and school reopening. AASD will provide answers to issues, questions or concerns submitted as answers become available. You may also share your gratitude for another AASD member, district personnel, etc., via the same link.
The link to share issues/questions/concerns/gratitude is:
Please do not share this link outside of AASD membership (classified and certificated management/supervisors). The link will be active until this crisis is over.
NOTE: All previous AASD Daily Updates and Weekly Updates are located on the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org if you need to refer back to them for information.
- DISTRICT WEBSITE
For your convenience, the District has created a list of Frequently Asked Questions. To access that list, click the link https://sites.google.com/sandi.net/covid19/staff-info
- AASD CONTACT INFORMATION
Executive Director, Donis Coronel -- firstname.lastname@example.org 619-813-8792
Office Manager, Linda Crout-Hamel -- email@example.com 619-861-2701
Office Clerk, Jim Costello -- firstname.lastname@example.org
Please keep informed via the District’s website www.sandi.net, Daily Updates from AASD and via the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org.