DAILY UPDATE #141 -- 10/13/2020
- NEW ITEMS
- Q and A (Tuesday, October 13, 2020)
Q: A parent wanted to speak with a representative from Quality Assurance. I reviewed the district website and determined Quality Assurance is not listed as a department. I was unable to find any reference to "complaints," "concerns," or any other link which a parent may look for. I did some additional searching and found a page where a parent could submit an electronic request. There was no phone number. I'm not sure if I'm mistaken or if Q/A no longer has a phone number. Can you help me find the webpage/phone number I am supposed to direct parents to when they want to contact the office?
A: (Answer provided by the district) The Quality Assurance Office can be reached at 619-725-7211 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Here is the link which can be found on the main website under departments/Quality Assurance Office https://www.sandiegounified.org/academics/quality_assurance_office. You may submit an electronic concern or issue by using this link https://www.sandiegounified.org/academics/quality_assurance_office/quality_assurance_office_-_contact_form
Q: A parent recently contacting me requesting general information regarding the reopening of school. I provided a general overview of the work taking place and then attempted to point her to the SDUSD School Closure page on the district website. At this point, I noticed it was missing. A quick search of the rotating items on the front page as well as the various drop-down menus (including the A-Z index) revealed there appears to be no reference to school closure or work taking place to re-open school on the district website at all. Is this true? If so, where should I direct parents with questions?
A: (Answer provided by the district) The Communications Department is currently working on updating the district website to coincide with the start of Phase One. New materials should be up this week (10/13/20) for parents and the community.
Note: AASD received a number of concerns from elementary principals regarding workload. All concerns have been shared with the district executive team.
- DISTRICT COMMUNICATIONS
The following communication was sent to principals on October 12:
- THE GREAT CALIFORNIA SHAKEOUT 10:15 ON 10/15
- The Shakeout will take place VIRTUALLY at 10:15 am on Thursday, October 15, talking through the various steps we would take in the event of an earthquake.
- Please review Shakeout Circular for more details.
- For more information please contact School Police at 619-725-7169.
- PHASE ONE VIDEOS FOR FAMILIES PARTICIPATING IN PHASE ONE
- Our team created videos that can be shared with families selected for Phase One Appointment-Based Learning.
- PHASE ONE HEALTH & SAFETY Q & A
- Thank you to those attending today’s voluntary Health & Safety Open Forum.
- Here are the Q&A notes from our meeting.
- The Team will also be available during this week’s Area Superintendent Office Hours.
- ELEMENTARY UPDATES
- SEESAW FOR ADMINISTRATORS
- “Seesaw for Administrators” is being offered by the Instructional Technology Department.
- Learn how to use the Admin Dashboard to access Seesaw classrooms at your site, view and comment on student work, review usage and activity reports, and send messages to your learning community.
- This is a repeat of the session offered in the Spring. Please sign up in Professional Learning.
- Thursday October 15th 2:00 – 3:00 PM
- Wednesday October 21st 2:00 – 3:00 PM
- Contact Lauren Leathers (email@example.com) or Julie Garcia (firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional questions.
- SECONDARY UPDATES
- 2020-21 SEX ED IMPLEMENTATION REQUIREMENTS AND PROTOCOLS
- OTHER NEWS
SDUSD brings back some students for in-person learning (Fox San Diego, October 13)
LAUSD negotiates offering in-person tutoring for students – will be outside of teachers work hours and teachers who volunteer will be paid pro rata (KTLA/CBS LA, October 12)
School meals to be free throughout the 2020-21 school year (The Counter, (October 9)
Coronavirus surging in Europe, restrictions put into place (KUSI, October 13)
- AASD/DISTRICT "HOTLINE" INFORMATION
The hotline established with the District is available to AASD unit members and other management who are charged with enforcing the health and safety policies and procedures. Call the hotline when you need immediate assistance when conflicts arise, clarification is needed, or decisions must be made regarding health and safety matters.
This hotline is for ALL AASD represented members, both classified and certificated. The hotline phone number is (619) 981-0760. The hotline is available on all District workdays, Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. In the rare event that a message must be left, all calls will be returned promptly, within the same day.
- SPECIAL GRATITUDE
If an AASD member has a department or individual that deserves special recognition during this time of crisis, please use the link below for reporting issues/questions/concerns/gratitude to show your gratitude for the department or individual. AASD will publish that special thanks in our next Daily Update.
- AASD OFFICE CLOSURE
AASD will be sending out a Daily Update, Monday-Friday, throughout the return to instruction/school reopening period. The Weekly Update will continue as usual on Thursdays with the typical news and information for AASD members. The AASD Office continues to remain closed. AASD staff are working remotely and can be reached via the contact information at the end of this Update.
AASD has created a Google Form for AASD Members to report issues, questions or concerns regarding work-related issues, COVID-19, return to instruction and school reopening. AASD will provide answers to issues, questions or concerns submitted as answers become available. You may also share your gratitude for another AASD member, district personnel, etc., via the same link.
The link to share issues/questions/concerns/gratitude is:
Please do not share this link outside of AASD membership (classified and certificated management/supervisors). The link will be active until this crisis is over.
NOTE: All previous AASD Daily Updates and Weekly Updates are located on the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org if you need to refer back to them for information.
- DISTRICT WEBSITE
For your convenience, the District has created a list of Frequently Asked Questions. To access that list, click the link https://sites.google.com/sandi.net/covid19/staff-info
- AASD CONTACT INFORMATION
Executive Director, Donis Coronel -- email@example.com 619-813-8792
Office Manager, Linda Crout-Hamel -- firstname.lastname@example.org 619-861-2701
Office Clerk, Jim Costello -- email@example.com
Please keep informed via the District’s website www.sandi.net, Daily Updates from AASD and via the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org.