DAILY UPDATE #142 -- 10/14/2020
- NEW ITEMS
- DISTRICT COMMUNICATIONS
The following communication was sent to principals on October 13:
- FLU SHOTS & COVID-19 TESTING
- Last week we urged employees to get flu shots and COVID-19 tests as we get ready to start appointment-based, in-person learning, during Phase One.
- If your staff need to be tested or vaccinated, AP 7134 allows for the use of 2 hours of personal business leave for the purposes of medical appointments.
- Please be flexible with your staff should they request for time to get tested and/or vaccinated.
- CHARTER SCHOOLS IMPACT: PRINCIPAL FEEDBACK NEEDED
- Our Board adopted a resolution that requires our staff to develop an AB 1505 Implementation Plan that includes significant changes to the authorization and oversight of Charter Schools.
- We would like principal input on this plan. Please attend a voluntary meeting at any time below:
- Zoom Link Meeting ID: 812 550 821 Password: Charter
- October 19, 2020 at 9:30 a.m. and/or 1:00 p.m.
- October 21, 2020 at 9:30 a.m. and/or 1:00 p.m.
- CAASPP ACCESSIBILITY
- The 2020-2021 Student Assessment and Accessibility documents are available.
- We encourage you to share these documents with teachers and case managers.
- Training next week listed on the Staff Portal, Assessment Services, and Accessibilities page.
- Please contact Erika Simmons email@example.com with questions.
- PARENTS AS PARTNERS
- Family Engagement will host a Parents as Partners session focused on Phase One: Appointment Based Learning on October 14, 2020 from 5:30 to 6:45 p.m.
- Please share the following flyers with families:
- PHASE ONE REOPENING FORMS
- The Student Site Access Guide and Daily Student Symptom Checklists have now been translated into Spanish and Somali. Please share with your families.
- PHASE ONE - HEALTH & SAFETY OVERVIEW OF ITINERANT STAFF
- WOODCOCK-JOHNSON IV - TEST OF ACHIEVEMENT TRAINING & MATERIALS
- There will be a Woodcock-Johnson IV Achievement Test training for Education Specialists on Thursday, October 22 from 1:30-3:00 p.m.
- Click here for more information regarding this training.
- If your site is in need of test protocols, please contact Naomi Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SECONDARY UPDATES
- STMath Professional Learning for Grades 6-8
- Click here to learn more about professional development for STMath and to register for sessions.
- OTHER NEWS
SDUSD brought some students back with Phase One reopening (SD Union Tribune, October 13)
Parents calling for more transparency in reopening plans for SDUSD (KUSI, October 14)
Hunker Down: The Fall COVID Surge is Here (CNN, October 13)
- AASD/DISTRICT "HOTLINE" INFORMATION
The hotline established with the District is available to AASD unit members and other management who are charged with enforcing the health and safety policies and procedures. Call the hotline when you need immediate assistance when conflicts arise, clarification is needed, or decisions must be made regarding health and safety matters.
This hotline is for ALL AASD represented members, both classified and certificated. The hotline phone number is (619) 981-0760. The hotline is available on all District workdays, Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. In the rare event that a message must be left, all calls will be returned promptly, within the same day.
- SPECIAL GRATITUDE
If an AASD member has a department or individual that deserves special recognition during this time of crisis, please use the link below for reporting issues/questions/concerns/gratitude to show your gratitude for the department or individual. AASD will publish that special thanks in our next Daily Update.
- AASD OFFICE CLOSURE
AASD will be sending out a Daily Update, Monday-Friday, throughout the return to instruction/school reopening period. The Weekly Update will continue as usual on Thursdays with the typical news and information for AASD members. The AASD Office continues to remain closed. AASD staff are working remotely and can be reached via the contact information at the end of this Update.
AASD has created a Google Form for AASD Members to report issues, questions or concerns regarding work-related issues, COVID-19, return to instruction and school reopening. AASD will provide answers to issues, questions or concerns submitted as answers become available. You may also share your gratitude for another AASD member, district personnel, etc., via the same link.
The link to share issues/questions/concerns/gratitude is:
Please do not share this link outside of AASD membership (classified and certificated management/supervisors). The link will be active until this crisis is over.
NOTE: All previous AASD Daily Updates and Weekly Updates are located on the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org if you need to refer back to them for information.
- DISTRICT WEBSITE
For your convenience, the District has created a list of Frequently Asked Questions. To access that list, click the link https://sites.google.com/sandi.net/covid19/staff-info
- AASD CONTACT INFORMATION
Executive Director, Donis Coronel -- email@example.com 619-813-8792
Office Manager, Linda Crout-Hamel -- firstname.lastname@example.org 619-861-2701
Office Clerk, Jim Costello -- email@example.com
Please keep informed via the District’s website www.sandi.net, Daily Updates from AASD and via the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org.