DAILY UPDATE #152 -- 10/29/2020
- NEW ITEMS
- DISTRICT COMMUNICATIONS
The following communication was sent to principals on October 28:
- RESTORATIVE DISCIPLINE POLICY
- Last night, the board approved the new Restorative Discipline Policy (RDP) to replace the uniform discipline policy and accompanying administrative regulations (BP 5144.1, AR 5144.1).
- This Screencast and Timeline explains the 2-year process for implementation of the RDP.
- Our focus for this year will be on building the capacity of our district and site staff through Restorative Justice Practices and Anti-biased/Anti-Racist trainings, as well as the formation of Site Equity Teams.
- Session details, dates, and times will be shared in the upcoming weeks via the Principal and Educator Updates.
- Central Office adult “champions” will be available to assist families prior to the suspension/expulsion process as we work to develop guidelines for site-level champions.
- To help assist site leaders with questions or concerns related to the implementation of the RDP, we will discuss the details during November’s Elementary & Secondary Ops meeting.
- MEETING CLARIFICATION
- We previously shared information about the number of meetings Principals can conduct per month.
- For more information and further clarification, please review this communication.
- PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES UPDATE
- Based on feedback from educators and administrators to adjust the parent teacher conference window and in our effort to be responsive to the requests, we have the following update:
- ASSESSMENT SERVICES UPDATE: NOVEMBER NEWSLETTER
- SECONDARY UPDATES
Athletics Finance Training
- The Athletics Office will be hosting a virtual Athletics Finance Training intended for Athletic Directors, Vice Principals Over Athletics and High School Finance Clerks. Principals are also welcome.
- Tuesday, 11/17 1:00-3:00pm. Zoom info to follow.
- Topics to be covered: Athletics budgets, transactions/procedures, reimbursements, Arbiter Pay, Gate Recaps.
- Email Stacey Seiders for any items, topics, etc.
- OTHER NEWS
Parents rally in Mira Mesa over in-person learning in SDUSD (CBS8, October 29)
- AASD/DISTRICT "HOTLINE" INFORMATION
The hotline established with the District is available to AASD unit members and other management who are charged with enforcing the health and safety policies and procedures. Call the hotline when you need immediate assistance when conflicts arise, clarification is needed, or decisions must be made regarding health and safety matters.
This hotline is for ALL AASD represented members, both classified and certificated. The hotline phone number is (619) 981-0760. The hotline is available on all District workdays, Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. In the rare event that a message must be left, all calls will be returned promptly, within the same day.
- SPECIAL GRATITUDE
If an AASD member has a department or individual that deserves special recognition during this time of crisis, please use the link below for reporting issues/questions/concerns/gratitude to show your gratitude for the department or individual. AASD will publish that special thanks in our next Daily Update.
- AASD OFFICE CLOSURE
AASD will be sending out a Daily Update, Monday-Friday, throughout the return to instruction/school reopening period. The Weekly Update will continue as usual on Thursdays with the typical news and information for AASD members. The AASD Office continues to remain closed. AASD staff are working remotely and can be reached via the contact information at the end of this Update.
AASD has created a Google Form for AASD Members to report issues, questions or concerns regarding work-related issues, COVID-19, return to instruction and school reopening. AASD will provide answers to issues, questions or concerns submitted as answers become available. You may also share your gratitude for another AASD member, district personnel, etc., via the same link.
The link to share issues/questions/concerns/gratitude is:
Please do not share this link outside of AASD membership (classified and certificated management/supervisors). The link will be active until this crisis is over.
NOTE: All previous AASD Daily Updates and Weekly Updates are located on the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org if you need to refer back to them for information.
- DISTRICT WEBSITE
For your convenience, the District has created a list of Frequently Asked Questions. To access that list, click the link https://sites.google.com/sandi.net/covid19/staff-info
- AASD CONTACT INFORMATION
Executive Director, Donis Coronel -- firstname.lastname@example.org 619-813-8792
Office Manager, Linda Crout-Hamel -- email@example.com 619-861-2701
Office Clerk, Jim Costello -- firstname.lastname@example.org
Please keep informed via the District’s website www.sandi.net, Daily Updates from AASD and via the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org.