DAILY UPDATE #156 -- 11/04/2020
- NEW ITEMS
- Q and A (Wednesday, November 4, 2020)
Q: Can a BSS III work partially from home (remote) until January?
A: (Answer provided by AASD) AASD’s understanding is that custodial employees are to work onsite.
Q: I am a principal and am not happy about receiving less than 24 hours notice of a meeting on 11/4/20 regarding Phase One. That seems like a lack of respect for my calendar and my time.
A: (Answer provided by AASD) Several principals contacted AASD regarding the short notice provided for this meeting. AASD spoke with Chief of Staff, Staci Monreal, who confirmed that the meeting is OPTIONAL and said she understood the concerns about short notice. The purpose of the meeting is for some principals to share their experiences and strategies around Phase One. The meeting was not mandatory.
- DISTRICT COMMUNICATION
The following communication was sent to principals on November 3:
- PARENTS AS PARTNERS
- Tomorrow, November 4, is our second Parents As Partners Meeting from 5:30-6:45 p.m. Please share the links with families. We will be discussing our phased reopening.
- PHASE ONE BEST PRACTICES
Voluntary Learning Opportunities Tomorrow (11/4) 1:00-2:30 p.m.
- Please join us via zoom tomorrow afternoon as we hear from our principal colleagues about their approach to Phase One implementation. Our colleagues will share their experience related to the following areas of focus:
- Engagement in Online Learning
- Teacher and Student Attendance in Onsite Learning
- Creating the conditions for student engagement and attendance during Phase One
- Preparing for onsite appointment-based learning to ensure engagement and learning
- Enrolling teachers and staff and celebrating wins
- NOTE FROM AASD – PRINCIPALS SHARED THEIR CONCERN ABOUT THE LATENESS OF THE INVITATION FOR THIS MEETING. AASD CONTACTED DISTRICT LEADERSHIP WHO APOLOGIZED AND STATED THE MEETING IS TRULY VOLUNTARY.
- PARTNERSHIP WITH NATIONAL UNIVERSITY
- SDUSD Employees can now take advantage of an educational partnership with the San Diego County Office of Education & National University Partnership. See Flyer for more information.
- 25% Tuition Reduction for all SDUSD employees: SDUSD employees can sign up to learn more about NU degree programs and this benefit here.
- NU Fast Track Scholarship: The Fast Track Scholarship is a merit-based award designed to help by offering a free class for every three classes completed within six months. It can be applied for up to 25% in tuition savings in addition to the 25% tuition reduction already available to SDUSD employees.
- For questions, please contact Rami Hanna email@example.com
- ELEMENTARY UPDATES
Optional Summative ELPAC for TK-2 Sites Only
- Last date to submit your Optional Summative ELPAC TK-2 booklets is Thursday, November 5th at 2:00 p.m.
- Please contact Ann Runge (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
- OTHER NEWS
Leading school superintendents ask Governor Newsom to impose a common standard for reopening schools in CA (including SDUSD Superintendent Marten) (Ed Source, November 4)
Ways leaders are keeping teachers motivated during the pandemic disruption (Education Dive, November 3)
- AASD/DISTRICT "HOTLINE" INFORMATION
The hotline established with the District is available to AASD unit members and other management who are charged with enforcing the health and safety policies and procedures. Call the hotline when you need immediate assistance when conflicts arise, clarification is needed, or decisions must be made regarding health and safety matters.
This hotline is for ALL AASD represented members, both classified and certificated. The hotline phone number is (619) 981-0760. The hotline is available on all District workdays, Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. In the rare event that a message must be left, all calls will be returned promptly, within the same day.
- SPECIAL GRATITUDE
If an AASD member has a department or individual that deserves special recognition during this time of crisis, please use the link below for reporting issues/questions/concerns/gratitude to show your gratitude for the department or individual. AASD will publish that special thanks in our next Daily Update.
- AASD OFFICE CLOSURE
AASD will be sending out a Daily Update, Monday-Friday, throughout the return to instruction/school reopening period. The Weekly Update will continue as usual on Thursdays with the typical news and information for AASD members. The AASD Office continues to remain closed. AASD staff are working remotely and can be reached via the contact information at the end of this Update.
AASD has created a Google Form for AASD Members to report issues, questions or concerns regarding work-related issues, COVID-19, return to instruction and school reopening. AASD will provide answers to issues, questions or concerns submitted as answers become available. You may also share your gratitude for another AASD member, district personnel, etc., via the same link.
The link to share issues/questions/concerns/gratitude is:
Please do not share this link outside of AASD membership (classified and certificated management/supervisors). The link will be active until this crisis is over.
NOTE: All previous AASD Daily Updates and Weekly Updates are located on the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org if you need to refer back to them for information.
- DISTRICT WEBSITE
For your convenience, the District has created a list of Frequently Asked Questions. To access that list, click the link https://sites.google.com/sandi.net/covid19/staff-info
- AASD CONTACT INFORMATION
Executive Director, Donis Coronel -- email@example.com 619-813-8792
Office Manager, Linda Crout-Hamel -- firstname.lastname@example.org 619-861-2701
Office Clerk, Jim Costello -- email@example.com
Please keep informed via the District’s website www.sandi.net, Daily Updates from AASD and via the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org.