DAILY UPDATE #157 -- 11/05/2020
- NEW ITEMS
- DISTRICT COMMUNICATIONS
The following communication was sent to principals on November 4:
- PHASE ONE APPOINTMENT-BASED STUDENT ATTENDANCE - ELEMENTARY ONLY
- Beginning on Thursday, November 5th, elementary school staff will implement a new process for recording the attendance in POWERSCHOOL of students participating in Phase One - Onsite Appointment-Based Learning.
- Powerschool attendance procedures and implementation of the attendance process is included HERE.
- Educators should continue to follow the attendance taking procedures for recording attendance for Online Learning.
- CHILDREN IN THE WORKPLACE AGREEMENT
- We have developed a policy to support educators participating in Phase One and/or Phase One Expansion Appointment-Based Learning (once we begin) to bring their child/children to the workplace.
- Educators participating in Phase One and interested in this opportunity must adhere to the District's Health and Safety guidelines and be in full compliance with the Workplace Policy.
- In collaboration with their administrator, interested educators must sign workplace policy and release forms as indicated in this policy.
- Interested educators may only use this process on days they are scheduled to provide appointments for students.
- For more information, you may review this Children in the Workplace Policy.
- INTERIM ASSESSMENT TRAINING
- Please view and share this Interim Assessment Training Video to test coordinators, any staff responsible for assigning accommodations, and any staff administering the interim assessment.
- ELEMENTARY UPDATES
- Standards Based Grading UPDATE
- Please see the following link for information that will support site level conversations and questions regarding grading practices for elementary. As new questions are received, the document will be updated with additional information.
- Standards-Based Grading for Elementary Educators:
- SECONDARY UPDATES
- Standards-Based Grading Video
- This video addresses some common questions about standards-based grading and includes: an interview with Dr. Doug Fisher, a segment with Dr. Joe Feldman, author of Grading for Equity and a panel session with district staff and Dr. Patrick Callahan, consultant for San Diego Unified School District Enhanced Math Initiative.
- OTHER NEWS
One More Hugely Disruptive Thing: Teachers to Leave Mid-Year Under Retirement Deal (VOSD, November 5)
- AASD/DISTRICT "HOTLINE" INFORMATION
The hotline established with the District is available to AASD unit members and other management who are charged with enforcing the health and safety policies and procedures. Call the hotline when you need immediate assistance when conflicts arise, clarification is needed, or decisions must be made regarding health and safety matters.
This hotline is for ALL AASD represented members, both classified and certificated. The hotline phone number is (619) 981-0760. The hotline is available on all District workdays, Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. In the rare event that a message must be left, all calls will be returned promptly, within the same day.
- SPECIAL GRATITUDE
If an AASD member has a department or individual that deserves special recognition during this time of crisis, please use the link below for reporting issues/questions/concerns/gratitude to show your gratitude for the department or individual. AASD will publish that special thanks in our next Daily Update.
- AASD OFFICE CLOSURE
AASD will be sending out a Daily Update, Monday-Friday, throughout the return to instruction/school reopening period. The Weekly Update will continue as usual on Thursdays with the typical news and information for AASD members. The AASD Office continues to remain closed. AASD staff are working remotely and can be reached via the contact information at the end of this Update.
AASD has created a Google Form for AASD Members to report issues, questions or concerns regarding work-related issues, COVID-19, return to instruction and school reopening. AASD will provide answers to issues, questions or concerns submitted as answers become available. You may also share your gratitude for another AASD member, district personnel, etc., via the same link.
The link to share issues/questions/concerns/gratitude is:
Please do not share this link outside of AASD membership (classified and certificated management/supervisors). The link will be active until this crisis is over.
NOTE: All previous AASD Daily Updates and Weekly Updates are located on the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org if you need to refer back to them for information.
- DISTRICT WEBSITE
For your convenience, the District has created a list of Frequently Asked Questions. To access that list, click the link https://sites.google.com/sandi.net/covid19/staff-info
- AASD CONTACT INFORMATION
Executive Director, Donis Coronel -- firstname.lastname@example.org 619-813-8792
Office Manager, Linda Crout-Hamel -- email@example.com 619-861-2701
Office Clerk, Jim Costello -- firstname.lastname@example.org
Please keep informed via the District’s website www.sandi.net, Daily Updates from AASD and via the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org.