DAILY UPDATE #164 -- 11/18/2020
- NEW ITEMS
- WEEKLY COVID REPORT
For your information, AASD bargained the right for the union to receive COVID stats each Friday from the district. The stats do not include personal or identifying information. To date, as of Friday, November 13, the cumulative stats are as follows:
Since July 1, 2020 – 42 positive cases of SDUSD employees with COVID
Since July 1, 2020 – 107 SDUSD employees who have quarantined
It is very important to note that NONE of the positive cases came from exposure at a school or district worksite. All were traced/attributed to exposure outside of the workplace in the employee’s personal life.
- DISTRICT COMMUNICATION
The following communication was sent to principals on November 17:
- POWERSCHOOL IEP: SUPPORT HOURS
- The PowerSchool IEP support hours are changing back to Help Camp hours.
- Please refer to IEP/PowerSchool IEP Help Camp link for dates, times, and Zoom link.
- POWERSCHOOL IEP: REVOCATION OF SERVICES
- IT: STUDENT DEVICES FOR PHASE 2
- As we begin to plan for Phase 2 and students returning to site, the IT and Instructional Technology departments would like to make sure schools have enough student devices in their inventory for each student to have a device available, as well as spares on hand if an exchange is necessary.
- To manage this inventory, IT will use data from Destiny to assess and address site needs.
- Please read this document from Toren and Julie for more information.
- OUTDOOR TENTS
- To support the implementation of Phase 1 expansion, every elementary school with a moderate/severe program will automatically receive an outdoor tent to support extra classroom space for the health and safety restriction of one adult per room.
- Principals can opt out of receiving this by emailing PPE@sandi.net if they choose not to receive an outdoor tent.
- If a school does not have a moderate/severe program and would like to request an outdoor tent, please email PPE@sandi.net.
- ELEMENTARY UPDATES
Elementary Operations Meeting Clarification
- The Elementary Operations Meeting that was originally scheduled for Monday has been postponed, date TBD. There is not an Elementary Operational Meeting this Friday.
- SECONDARY UPDATES
Secondary Principals Phase One Guidance
- Thank you for joining the voluntary meeting today.
- The following documents were shared:
- Contact Nicole DeWitt with questions.
- OTHER NEWS
SDUSD Unveils Plans For Schools Nationwide at Annual State of the District Address (NBC San Diego, 10 News SD and Fox 5 San Diego, November 18) (Plan has been shared with the Biden/Harris team)
California Schools Chief Tony Thurmond: 'This is the Time For an Abundance of Caution' (EdSource, November 18)
- SPECIAL GRATITUDE
If an AASD member has a department or individual that deserves special recognition during this time of crisis, please use the link below for reporting issues/questions/concerns/gratitude to show your gratitude for the department or individual. AASD will publish that special thanks in our next Daily Update.
From an AASD Member in Good Standing: “I would like to give a special thanks and gratitude to ALL CUSTODIAL STAFF MEMBERS who have been working constantly since July 6 to keep schools sanitized and coming in to school sites daily and putting their self at risk for a handful of staff and students. YOU ARE TRULY ESSENTIAL AND ARE APPRECIATED.”
- AASD/DISTRICT "HOTLINE" INFORMATION
The hotline established with the District is available to AASD unit members and other management who are charged with enforcing the health and safety policies and procedures. Call the hotline when you need immediate assistance when conflicts arise, clarification is needed, or decisions must be made regarding health and safety matters.
This hotline is for ALL AASD represented members, both classified and certificated. The hotline phone number is (619) 981-0760. The hotline is available on all District workdays, Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. In the rare event that a message must be left, all calls will be returned promptly, within the same day.
- AASD OFFICE CLOSURE
AASD will be sending out a Daily Update, Monday-Friday, throughout the return to instruction/school reopening period. The Weekly Update will continue as usual on Thursdays with the typical news and information for AASD members. The AASD Office continues to remain closed. AASD staff are working remotely and can be reached via the contact information at the end of this Update.
AASD has created a Google Form for AASD Members to report issues, questions or concerns regarding work-related issues, COVID-19, return to instruction and school reopening. AASD will provide answers to issues, questions or concerns submitted as answers become available. You may also share your gratitude for another AASD member, district personnel, etc., via the same link.
The link to share issues/questions/concerns/gratitude is:
Please do not share this link outside of AASD membership (classified and certificated management/supervisors). The link will be active until this crisis is over.
NOTE: All previous AASD Daily Updates and Weekly Updates are located on the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org if you need to refer back to them for information.
- DISTRICT WEBSITE
For your convenience, the District has created a list of Frequently Asked Questions. To access that list, click the link https://sites.google.com/sandi.net/covid19/staff-info
- AASD CONTACT INFORMATION
Executive Director, Donis Coronel -- email@example.com 619-813-8792
Office Manager, Linda Crout-Hamel -- firstname.lastname@example.org 619-861-2701
Office Clerk, Jim Costello -- email@example.com
Please keep informed via the District’s website www.sandi.net, Daily Updates from AASD and via the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org.