DAILY UPDATE #180 -- 12/17/2020
- NEW ITEMS
- CERTIFICATED WORKLOAD WORK GROUP
More information to come, but AASD noticed the District today that we wish to activate the negotiated Certificated Workload Workgroup to share, discuss and come up with solutions regarding AASD certificated workload issues. Stay tuned! We have heard your concerns loud and clear about workload!
The Workload Work Group Representatives are:
Donis Coronel, AASD
Peg Crane, Elementary Principals
MC Patton, Elementary Principals
Carly Romero, Elementary Principals
Susan Levy, Middle Level Principals
Brandon Lemmon, Middle Level Vice Principals
Vacant (TBD), High School Principals
Stacey Simpson, High School Vice Principals
Kristin Makena, Central Office Certificated Managers
- DISTRICT COMMUNICATIONS
The following communication was sent to principals on December 16:
- STUDENT ENGAGEMENT LOGS
- TRANSITIONING RETIRING EDUCATORS’ CANVAS/SEESAW/GOOGLE CLASSROOM
- To ensure continuity in Canvas and Seesaw courses between retiring teachers and new/visiting teachers, please know changes need to be made in Powerschool.
- To ensure continuity with teachers using Google Classroom, retiring teachers can add additional teachers to their course.
- This might include the new teacher, a visiting teacher or an administrator as a backup.
- TOOLS FOR TEACHERS FOR STUDENTS RECEIVING SPECIAL EDUCATION SERVICES
- The Behavior Support Resources Department has created a Virtual Library that includes a variety of health and safety resources and online learning resources.
- Main Topics: wearing masks, washing/sanitizing hands, new school routines, physical distance, online learning, and riding the bus.
- In order to access the resources, click on each yellow box in the document and it will direct you to a one-page overview which includes links to folders for each resource including visual supports, social stories, videos.
- Our goal is to build the library throughout the course of the year, and continue to adapt the resources based on our district’s re-opening phases and our county’s COVID-19 safety guidelines.
- SECONDARY UPDATES
- Secondary End of Course Exam (PLTW and VAPA) Quarter 2 Memo
- Principals please share this End of Course Exam (PLTW and VAPA) Quarter 2 MEMO with your site coordinators.
- All resources are available in the Assessment Services internal Staff Portal.
- Ensure final grades are uploaded in Illuminate for honors credit.
- Testing window opens January 4th – January 22nd
- Please contact email@example.com with questions.
- OTHER NEWS
California Sets Teachers, First Responders and Grocery Store Workers for Next COVID-19 Vaccine Recipients (NBC San Diego, December 16)
Remote Learning Will Keep a Strong Foothold Even After the Pandemic, Survey Finds (EdWeek, December 16)
- AASD/DISTRICT "HOTLINE" INFORMATION
The hotline established with the District is available to AASD unit members and other management who are charged with enforcing the health and safety policies and procedures. Call the hotline when you need immediate assistance when conflicts arise, clarification is needed, or decisions must be made regarding health and safety matters.
This hotline is for ALL AASD represented members, both classified and certificated. The hotline phone number is (619) 981-0760. The hotline is available on all District workdays, Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. In the rare event that a message must be left, all calls will be returned promptly, within the same day.
- SPECIAL GRATITUDE
If an AASD member has a department or individual that deserves special recognition during this time of crisis, please use the link below for reporting issues/questions/concerns/gratitude to show your gratitude for the department or individual. AASD will publish that special thanks in our next Daily Update.
- AASD OFFICE CLOSURE
AASD will be sending out a Daily Update, Monday-Friday, throughout the return to instruction/school reopening period. The Weekly Update will continue as usual on Thursdays with the typical news and information for AASD members. The AASD Office continues to remain closed. AASD staff are working remotely and can be reached via the contact information at the end of this Update.
AASD has created a Google Form for AASD Members to report issues, questions or concerns regarding work-related issues, COVID-19, return to instruction and school reopening. AASD will provide answers to issues, questions or concerns submitted as answers become available. You may also share your gratitude for another AASD member, district personnel, etc., via the same link.
The link to share issues/questions/concerns/gratitude is:
Please do not share this link outside of AASD membership (classified and certificated management/supervisors). The link will be active until this crisis is over.
NOTE: All previous AASD Daily Updates and Weekly Updates are located on the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org if you need to refer back to them for information.
- DISTRICT WEBSITE
For your convenience, the District has created a list of Frequently Asked Questions. To access that list, click the link https://sites.google.com/sandi.net/covid19/staff-info
- AASD CONTACT INFORMATION
Executive Director, Donis Coronel -- firstname.lastname@example.org 619-813-8792
Office Manager, Linda Crout-Hamel -- email@example.com 619-861-2701
Office Clerk, Jim Costello -- firstname.lastname@example.org
Please keep informed via the District’s website www.sandi.net, Daily Updates from AASD and via the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org.
AASD Board of Directors - http://aasdcs.org/board-of-directors/
AASD Office Staff - http://aasdcs.org/staff/