DAILY UPDATE #181 -- 12/18/2020
- NEW ITEMS
- HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR - ENJOY YOUR TIME OFF
The AASD Board of Directors and AASD Staff wish all our Members in Good Standing and Affiliate Members a restful time off during the Winter Break. AASD has a commitment from District Executive Leadership that communications other than those of an emergency nature will cease during the break so that our AASD members can unwind and enjoy their time off. For our Retired Members, we wish you a wonderful holiday.
The AASD staff (Donis, Linda and Jim) will also be taking time off during the winter break. For urgent or emergency matters, please contact Donis on her cell phone at 619-813-8792. AASD will not be producing the Daily or Weekly Updates during the Winter Break. The Daily Update will resume on January 4 and the Weekly Update will resume on January 7.
Stay healthy and we will “see” you in 2021.
- DISTRICT COMMUNICATIONS
The following communication was sent to principals on December 17:
- RETIRING EDUCATORS: GOOGLE TAKEOUT/DOWNLOAD
- Retiring educators can use this job aid to download documents from sandi.net Google accounts.
- Please note that shared documents owned by those retiring will still be available to those that currently have access even after the retiree’s account is suspended.
- E3 GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT SYSTEM - UPDATE
- There have been a few questions regarding the process for teacher evaluation for the 20-21 school year. While our focus and agreement with SDEA has focused on E3 Growth and Development, we still follow the current Collective Bargaining Agreement. The Stull Evaluation process will no longer be used. To clarify there are 3 options:
- For Educators on Cycle (Chart: On Cycle Options for Classroom Educators.pdf )
- E3 Growth and Development Processes (Full and/or Modified)
- Alternative Evaluation (Article 14.7)
- Remediation Plan with a Special Evaluation
- If an individual requires support, a Remediation Plan and a Special Evaluation shall be utilized to provide a path for improvement as outlined in Article 14.9 of the current CBA.
- UPCOMING EDUCATOR OVERVIEW TRAINING - Please ensure that you and your Educators participating in the E3 Full/Modified Process register for the first E3 Training Session.
- Contact Marisol Marin at E3@sandi.net for any questions.
- EMAIL PHISHING AWARENESS AND SUPPORT: DECEMBER IT BULLETIN
- In the last few weeks, IT has noticed an uptick in the number of phishing emails targeting staff to purchase gift cards on behalf of their Principal, please review this BULLETIN for more information.
- OTHER NEWS
Some Say Kids Are OK. They’re Not. Now What? (VOSD, December 17)
Finding joy amid tragedy, California families look ahead with hope (Ed Source, December 16)
- AASD/DISTRICT "HOTLINE" INFORMATION
The hotline established with the District is available to AASD unit members and other management who are charged with enforcing the health and safety policies and procedures. Call the hotline when you need immediate assistance when conflicts arise, clarification is needed, or decisions must be made regarding health and safety matters.
This hotline is for ALL AASD represented members, both classified and certificated. The hotline phone number is (619) 981-0760. The hotline is available on all District workdays, Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. In the rare event that a message must be left, all calls will be returned promptly, within the same day.
- SPECIAL GRATITUDE
If an AASD member has a department or individual that deserves special recognition during this time of crisis, please use the link below for reporting issues/questions/concerns/gratitude to show your gratitude for the department or individual. AASD will publish that special thanks in our next Daily Update.
- AASD OFFICE CLOSURE
AASD will be sending out a Daily Update, Monday-Friday, throughout the return to instruction/school reopening period. The Weekly Update will continue as usual on Thursdays with the typical news and information for AASD members. The AASD Office continues to remain closed. AASD staff are working remotely and can be reached via the contact information at the end of this Update.
AASD has created a Google Form for AASD Members to report issues, questions or concerns regarding work-related issues, COVID-19, return to instruction and school reopening. AASD will provide answers to issues, questions or concerns submitted as answers become available. You may also share your gratitude for another AASD member, district personnel, etc., via the same link.
The link to share issues/questions/concerns/gratitude is:
Please do not share this link outside of AASD membership (classified and certificated management/supervisors). The link will be active until this crisis is over.
NOTE: All previous AASD Daily Updates and Weekly Updates are located on the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org if you need to refer back to them for information.
- DISTRICT WEBSITE
For your convenience, the District has created a list of Frequently Asked Questions. To access that list, click the link https://sites.google.com/sandi.net/covid19/staff-info
- AASD CONTACT INFORMATION
Executive Director, Donis Coronel -- email@example.com 619-813-8792
Office Manager, Linda Crout-Hamel -- firstname.lastname@example.org 619-861-2701
Office Clerk, Jim Costello -- email@example.com
Please keep informed via the District’s website www.sandi.net, Daily Updates from AASD and via the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org.
AASD Board of Directors - http://aasdcs.org/board-of-directors/
AASD Office Staff - http://aasdcs.org/staff/