DAILY UPDATE #183 -- 1/05/2021
- NEW ITEMS
- DISTRICT COMMUNICATIONS
The following communication was sent to Principals on January 4:
- TESTING UPDATE
- The County of San Diego continues to offer testing to children and adults at various locations throughout the County. For more information and latest updates, please visit the following website.
- In SDUSD, testing will continue at the 10 existing pilot testing school sites.
- This testing is intended for asymptomatic children and adults learning and/or working onsite at that specific site location.
- We will be expanding 10 additional testing locations during the week of January 18.
- Our Nursing and Wellness Team will connect directly with school administrators when a site has been selected to be part of this testing expansion.
- As a reminder, if you are working from home and wish to receive COVID Test, you may work with your health provider and/or visit the testing locations identified above.
- E3 GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT SYSTEM
- Sites are encouraged to sign up a team of educators for the Overview of the E3 Process session.
- Professional Learning Website with all scheduled trainings.
- We also have a Site Leader Make-Up Training for Site Leaders that did not attend the mandatory training before winter break:
- Date: Tuesday, January 5th
- Time: 2:00-3:00
- Zoom ID: 826 3291 1799
- Contact Marisol Marin at E3@sandi.net for any questions.
- INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY UPDATES
- The Instructional Technology department would like to welcome you back and hope you had a restful break. Are you ready to start the year off with something new and fun?
- NEW CLASSES! For information and links to sign up click here.
- Jamboard for collaboration and interactivity (1/19, 1/28). Click here for access to Jamboard templates to use with students.
- Edpuzzle - Interactive Video lessons (1/12, 1/20)
- Formative (free version) interactive assignments and assessments (1/12, 1/26)
- Zoom Breakout Rooms and Polls (1/14, 1/19)
- Pear Deck Basics (1/21)
- Pear Deck Next Steps (1/13, 1/28)
- Read and Write for Google Chrome (1/11, 1/15, 1/20, 1/21, 1/26, 1/29)
- Learn on your own at http://bit.ly/sdusdteachersupport
- WEEKLY ENGAGEMENT LOG
- Reminder: Classroom teachers have until March 26th to certify the Weekly Engagement Logs from September 8th - present. Educators may use their Flex Time to complete the logs.
- Approval for up to 8 hours of non-classroom hourly compensation was approved for retiring teachers only.
- Here are the resources we previously provided to assist educators:
- The final IT Open Lab for Weekly Engagement Log support will take place on Thursday, January 7th, from 3pm-4pm: https://sandiegounified.zoom.us/j/89809265558
- SIGNATURE SECTION ON IEP IS REQUIRED
- Here is a Job Aid for the Signature Section of an IEP: Completing the Signature Section is Required.
- The Signature section (page) is a required form in the IEP and all Signature section areas must be completed when an IEP meeting is finished.
- IMTSS BLOCK GRANT AND APPOINTMENT-BASED LEARNING
- CURBSIDE MEALS RESUME JANUARY 4 AT 77 SITES – PLUS GROCERY BOX/BAG SCHEDULE
- Grab n’ Go meals are available for free to all children Monday-Friday from noon-2 p.m. at 77 locations! Remind your school families to take advantage of this resource. Flyer to share.
- Extra grocery items available (while supplies last) at select schools on a rotating basis. Check the schedule for grocery distributions the first week of January. Grocery Item Schedule for Week of 1/4-1/8
- SECONDARY UPDATES
Opportunity For H.S. Students With Disabilities
- The 2021 Youth Leadership Forum for Students with Disabilities (YLF) is a week-long virtual program that is tentatively scheduled for July 11 – July 16, 2021 for Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors in High School. The 2021 YLF includes post-YLF sessions that will be held in the months after the week-long event.
- During the weeklong event, delegates work from the YLF program workbook activities that reinforce the key leadership goals and objectives of the program.
- Application open through 1/29/2021 - Flyer/application
- AASD/DISTRICT "HOTLINE" INFORMATION
The hotline established with the District is available to AASD unit members and other management who are charged with enforcing the health and safety policies and procedures. Call the hotline when you need immediate assistance when conflicts arise, clarification is needed, or decisions must be made regarding health and safety matters.
This hotline is for ALL AASD represented members, both classified and certificated. The hotline phone number is (619) 981-0760. The hotline is available on all District workdays, Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. In the rare event that a message must be left, all calls will be returned promptly, within the same day.
- SPECIAL GRATITUDE
If an AASD member has a department or individual that deserves special recognition during this time of crisis, please use the link below for reporting issues/questions/concerns/gratitude to show your gratitude for the department or individual. AASD will publish that special thanks in our next Daily Update.
- AASD OFFICE CLOSURE
AASD will be sending out a Daily Update, Monday-Friday, throughout the return to instruction/school reopening period. The Weekly Update will continue as usual on Thursdays with the typical news and information for AASD members. The AASD Office continues to remain closed. AASD staff are working remotely and can be reached via the contact information at the end of this Update.
AASD has created a Google Form for AASD Members to report issues, questions or concerns regarding work-related issues, COVID-19, return to instruction and school reopening. AASD will provide answers to issues, questions or concerns submitted as answers become available. You may also share your gratitude for another AASD member, district personnel, etc., via the same link.
The link to share issues/questions/concerns/gratitude is:
Please do not share this link outside of AASD membership (classified and certificated management/supervisors). The link will be active until this crisis is over.
NOTE: All previous AASD Daily Updates and Weekly Updates are located on the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org if you need to refer back to them for information.
- DISTRICT WEBSITE
For your convenience, the District has created a list of Frequently Asked Questions. To access that list, click the link https://sites.google.com/sandi.net/covid19/staff-info
- AASD CONTACT INFORMATION
Executive Director, Donis Coronel -- email@example.com 619-813-8792
Office Manager, Linda Crout-Hamel -- firstname.lastname@example.org 619-861-2701
Office Clerk, Jim Costello -- email@example.com
Please keep informed via the District’s website www.sandi.net, Daily Updates from AASD and via the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org.
AASD Board of Directors - http://aasdcs.org/board-of-directors/
AASD Office Staff - http://aasdcs.org/staff/