DAILY UPDATE #186 -- 1/08/2021
- NEW ITEMS
- DISTRICT COMMUNICATIONS
The following communication was sent to principals on January 7:
- ASSESSMENT UPDATE: ENGLISH LANGUAGE ALTERNATE ASSESSMENT BEGINS FEBRUARY 1ST
- CSI AND ATSI STATUS
- School sites identified by the 2019 CA School Dashboard for CSI and ATSI status were required to develop plans for the 2020-21 school year.
- As there is no 2020 CA School Dashboard due to the pandemic, schools previously identified will remain in CSI/ATSI status for the 2021-22 school year.
- ENGLISH LEARNER PARENT WORKSHOP
- Topic: How the Pandemic and related changes may impact us and healthy ways to cope.
- January 14, 2021 5:00-6:00 pm.
- Flyers: English/Spanish
- TEACH SAN DIEGO TEACH SD SDEF
- As part of our focus on being an anti-racist and restorative district we have a commitment to increasing the diversity of our educators.
- We know that when students are connected to educators who reflect their diverse backgrounds and experiences, they are more successful in school.
- On December 15, 2020, the Board received the initial plan for our grow-your-own teacher pathway, called TEACH San Diego.
- Today, all high school seniors will receive an email inviting them to apply for the San Diego Education Fund Teacher Education Program Scholarship.
- On January 20, 2021, the HRSD will host a “how to apply” workshop for students who are interested in becoming teachers.
- Please encourage your students to consider this opportunity to enter the teaching profession. Students who are interested should complete the interest form and we will contact them with more information: bit.ly/teachsandiego
- ELEMENTARY UPDATES
Early Learning Update
- The following information was shared with all Early Learning Educators [TK/4, Part Day Blended, and ECSE Separate Setting] on an upcoming professional learning opportunity.
- The session is designed around best practices within a co-teaching model.
- Here is the flyer with the dates and registration links. Please feel free to share this invitation with your paraeducators as well. We hope to see you soon!
- OTHER NEWS
SD Unified Superintendent hoping for revisions in Governor’s budget (CBS8, SD January 8)
Large urban districts object to Governor Newsom's school reopening plan (Ed Source, January 8)
You have to address it: How SD educators are teaching about the Capitol mob (SD Union Tribune, January 8)
'No Going Back' From Remote and Hybrid Learning, Districts Say (EdWeek, January 6)
- AASD/DISTRICT "HOTLINE" INFORMATION
The hotline established with the District is available to AASD unit members and other management who are charged with enforcing the health and safety policies and procedures. Call the hotline when you need immediate assistance when conflicts arise, clarification is needed, or decisions must be made regarding health and safety matters.
This hotline is for ALL AASD represented members, both classified and certificated. The hotline phone number is (619) 981-0760. The hotline is available on all District workdays, Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. In the rare event that a message must be left, all calls will be returned promptly, within the same day.
- SPECIAL GRATITUDE
If an AASD member has a department or individual that deserves special recognition during this time of crisis, please use the link below for reporting issues/questions/concerns/gratitude to show your gratitude for the department or individual. AASD will publish that special thanks in our next Daily Update.
- AASD OFFICE CLOSURE
AASD will be sending out a Daily Update, Monday-Friday, throughout the return to instruction/school reopening period. The Weekly Update will continue as usual on Thursdays with the typical news and information for AASD members. The AASD Office continues to remain closed. AASD staff are working remotely and can be reached via the contact information at the end of this Update.
AASD has created a Google Form for AASD Members to report issues, questions or concerns regarding work-related issues, COVID-19, return to instruction and school reopening. AASD will provide answers to issues, questions or concerns submitted as answers become available. You may also share your gratitude for another AASD member, district personnel, etc., via the same link.
The link to share issues/questions/concerns/gratitude is:
Please do not share this link outside of AASD membership (classified and certificated management/supervisors). The link will be active until this crisis is over.
NOTE: All previous AASD Daily Updates and Weekly Updates are located on the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org if you need to refer back to them for information.
- DISTRICT WEBSITE
For your convenience, the District has created a list of Frequently Asked Questions. To access that list, click the link https://sites.google.com/sandi.net/covid19/staff-info
- AASD CONTACT INFORMATION
Executive Director, Donis Coronel -- email@example.com 619-813-8792
Office Manager, Linda Crout-Hamel -- firstname.lastname@example.org 619-861-2701
Office Clerk, Jim Costello -- email@example.com
Please keep informed via the District’s website www.sandi.net, Daily Updates from AASD and via the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org.
AASD Board of Directors - http://aasdcs.org/board-of-directors/
AASD Office Staff - http://aasdcs.org/staff/