DAILY UPDATE #187 -- 1/11/2021
- NEW ITEMS
- DISTRICT COMMUNICATIONS
The following communication was sent to principals on January 8:
- LEADERSHIP LAB #2
- We are looking forward to the next Leadership Lab Tuesday, January 12, from 1:00-4:00 PM.
- During this voluntary lab, Principals will have the opportunity to hear from colleagues about the work they are leading at their site.
- Learning from a Leader session descriptions, zoom links and an overview of the day can be found HERE.
- E3 GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT SYSTEM
- As we continue our Site Overview Training, we want to ensure that everyone has an opportunity to attend a session. We have opened up additional spaces for teachers to attend the remaining sessions.
- Here are the Zoom IDs for the following sessions:
- January 11th - 15th
- Time: 9:00-10:30 AM and 12:00-1:30 PM
- Zoom Session ID : 863 1584 5427
- January 11th
- Time: 1:30-3:00 PM
- Zoom Session ID: 863 1584 5427
- We will update training to include additional afternoon sessions on the E3 Website.
- Contact Marisol Marin at E3@sandi.net for any questions.
- QLIs AND QTPs PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- Optional PD for Site Leaders: “An Expert’s Guide to QLIs and QTPs: Six Sessions for Site Support”.
- Six 1-hour sessions are offered on different topics. Attend any or all to receive resources and strategies to use, strengthen your own practice with a deeper understanding of QLIs and QTPs
- See the flyer here for more information. Register: Professional Learning site
- DEMI DISTRICT ESSENTIAL MATHEMATICS INDICATOR GRADES 2-12
- WEEKLY ENGAGEMENT LOG REPORTS & UPDATES
- Effective January 11th see changes in PowerSchool Administrator and the PowerTeacher Weekly Engagement Report:
- Weekly Engagement Report Submission Status – Lists all sections and shows the status of the Weekly Engagement Report and the number of days certified.
- Weekly Engagement Report View-only Page – A new page added to PS Administrator to view the PowerTeacher data.
- Weekly Engagement Report Form Update – Form will be updated to no longer require submissions before the week of Sept 7th.
- The full message will be sent to all PowerSchool Users via email as well.
- PARAEDUCATOR ALLOCATIONS
- FOOD SERVICES: FOOD BOXES AT SELECT CURBSIDE GRAB N’ GO MEAL LOCATIONS
- Grab n’ Go meals are available for free to all children Monday-Friday from noon-2 p.m. at 77 locations! Remind your school families to take advantage of this resource. Flyer to share.
- Extra grocery items available (while supplies last) at select schools on a rotating basis. Check the schedule for grocery distributions for next week - Grocery Item Schedule for Week of 1/11-1/15
- ELEMENTARY UPDATES
Elementary Ops Meeting - Reminder
- January 11, 2021 at 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Zoom information is included in the calendar invite.
- Here is the Agenda in preparation for the meeting.
- SECONDARY UPDATES
UC-Approved ASB Course
- SDUSD has a UC-approved ASB course that can be offered at all high schools: ASB Course Information
- Stacey Seiders and Sharon Rubalcava will host an informational meeting with high school counselors on Jan. 27th to give an overview of the course and strategies to schedule this course within the master schedule.
- OTHER NEWS
Governor Newsom proposes $4.6 billion for summer school, more learning time in 2021-22 budget (Ed Source, January 8)
Association of California School Administrators (ACSA) Analysis of Governor’s 2021-22 Budget Proposal (January 9)
Growing consensus that schools do not contribute to COVID-19 spread is complicated by worsening surge (SD Union Tribune, January 10)
Some California teachers and staff to receive COVID-19 vaccines beginning this week (EdSource, January 11)
- AASD/DISTRICT "HOTLINE" INFORMATION
The hotline established with the District is available to AASD unit members and other management who are charged with enforcing the health and safety policies and procedures. Call the hotline when you need immediate assistance when conflicts arise, clarification is needed, or decisions must be made regarding health and safety matters.
This hotline is for ALL AASD represented members, both classified and certificated. The hotline phone number is (619) 981-0760. The hotline is available on all District workdays, Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. In the rare event that a message must be left, all calls will be returned promptly, within the same day.
- SPECIAL GRATITUDE
If an AASD member has a department or individual that deserves special recognition during this time of crisis, please use the link below for reporting issues/questions/concerns/gratitude to show your gratitude for the department or individual. AASD will publish that special thanks in our next Daily Update.
- AASD OFFICE CLOSURE
AASD will be sending out a Daily Update, Monday-Friday, throughout the return to instruction/school reopening period. The Weekly Update will continue as usual on Thursdays with the typical news and information for AASD members. The AASD Office continues to remain closed. AASD staff are working remotely and can be reached via the contact information at the end of this Update.
AASD has created a Google Form for AASD Members to report issues, questions or concerns regarding work-related issues, COVID-19, return to instruction and school reopening. AASD will provide answers to issues, questions or concerns submitted as answers become available. You may also share your gratitude for another AASD member, district personnel, etc., via the same link.
The link to share issues/questions/concerns/gratitude is:
Please do not share this link outside of AASD membership (classified and certificated management/supervisors). The link will be active until this crisis is over.
NOTE: All previous AASD Daily Updates and Weekly Updates are located on the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org if you need to refer back to them for information.
- DISTRICT WEBSITE
For your convenience, the District has created a list of Frequently Asked Questions. To access that list, click the link https://sites.google.com/sandi.net/covid19/staff-info
- AASD CONTACT INFORMATION
Executive Director, Donis Coronel -- email@example.com 619-813-8792
Office Manager, Linda Crout-Hamel -- firstname.lastname@example.org 619-861-2701
Office Clerk, Jim Costello -- email@example.com
Please keep informed via the District’s website www.sandi.net, Daily Updates from AASD and via the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org.
AASD Board of Directors - http://aasdcs.org/board-of-directors/
AASD Office Staff - http://aasdcs.org/staff/