DAILY UPDATE #188 -- 1/12/2021
- NEW ITEMS
- COVID VACCINATIONS AT PETCO PARK
Principals and Vice Principals – AASD received information from principals and vice principals that they were vaccinated at Petco Park yesterday and today by providing a letter from San Diego Unified Nursing and Wellness stating that they are eligible to receive the vaccine now during Group 1a as they may need to provide Nurses office coverage at the site. If you did not receive this type of letter at the school site, you may contact your school nurse for information. See the Nursing and Wellness communication below for instructions on how to sign up for the vaccination. AASD’s understanding is that you must have a letter from Nursing and Wellness stating you are eligible and a school district ID. This may also apply to other school site personnel who may be required to cover the Nurse’s office.
(Note: At this time, the district’s position is that the vaccination is “strongly recommended” although State guidance could change that in the future.)
NURSING & WELLNESS UPDATE (From the Principals Update on January 11)
- Please see this communication sent from our Nursing & Wellness regarding the COVID-19 vaccination.
- This is for informational purposes only.
- Please reach out to your school nurse if you have any questions.
- Related articles:
- Q and A (Wednesday, January 12, 2021)
Q: When principals are filling out the supervisor statement: Intake Application for Interactive Process, the paragraph indicates that the information provided will remain confidential. (I believe this form was provided to principals when teachers filled out a form alleging they have an ADA issue in regards to returning to campus) Question: Who is in this confidential circle? Can the district please provide some clarity as to who will be given access to this information? Will the teacher be apprised of the information that is provided on this Google form?
A: (Answer provided by the District) Yes, the Supervisor's Statement is part of the ADA process and is part of the documentation of the process. The statement should be factual and limited to the response related to the request for accommodation. If you have a concern about the person's qualifications for a meeting, a concern about their request, or aren't sure how to complete the form, please contact your Human Resources Officer (HRO) to discuss those concerns and/or obtain help to complete the form.
Q: I wanted to follow up on the E3 question/response posted in the AASD Daily Update #184. I would like to resubmit it. I think there may have been some confusion when cabinet responded to the question and I would like to give them another chance to clarify. The author of the question was sharing their concern with the fact the central office has on more than one occasion negotiated an agreement with SDEA only to direct administrators to do something that contradicts it. The author included E3 as an example. The response did not address the author’s primary concern. In addition, I believe the person who crafted the response did not have had adequate time to reflect upon the question because their answer was a simple copy/paste of a directive already provided to administrators. Can we resubmit this question with a clarifying statement and provide cabinet another opportunity to address it?
A: (Answer provided by the District) Principals are not held accountable for teachers not participating in E3 pilot - The idea is that principals would have a partner to participate in the E3 administrators training. The administrators will still go through the training without any teachers. This is okay and no reflection on the principal. If any administrator would like to discuss further, please feel free to connect with Area 2 Superintendent Lamont Jackson.
- DISTRICT COMMUNICATIONS
The following communication was sent to principals on January 11:
- TEACHER LAPTOP DATABASE
- Teacher devices will be assigned to individual teachers (not classrooms) and checked out through Destiny.
- Please have all certificated staff on your site fill out this form to ensure:
- Devices will be checked out in Destiny.
- Information is accurate as it will be used to determine when the device is due to be replaced.
- TEACHER OF THE YEAR NOMINATION DUE JANUARY 27, 2021
- Teacher Appreciation Week: May 3-7, 2021. Teacher of the Year celebration is May 4, 2021.
- When the COVID-19 pandemic began, amazingly teachers quickly shifted to distance learning. Teachers were called upon to reinvent lessons for an already planned curriculum, learn new technologies, and figure out how to keep students engaged all while juggling the effects of COVID-19 on their family and personal lives as well.
- Despite all of the obstacles our exemplary teachers found tremendous ways to overcome, challenge after challenge. This is why honoring and appreciating teachers this year is more important now than ever.
- How do we even begin to appreciate teachers in this current situation?
- Honor a teacher that has gone above and beyond by nominating them as a Teacher of the Year. The deadline is January 27th.
- Details regarding the Teacher of the Year process can be found here or in the Circular No. 13
- Your school site can plan on delivering a special message or virtual recognition during Teacher Appreciation Week (May 3-7, 2021).
- AASD/DISTRICT "HOTLINE" INFORMATION
The hotline established with the District is available to AASD unit members and other management who are charged with enforcing the health and safety policies and procedures. Call the hotline when you need immediate assistance when conflicts arise, clarification is needed, or decisions must be made regarding health and safety matters.
This hotline is for ALL AASD represented members, both classified and certificated. The hotline phone number is (619) 981-0760. The hotline is available on all District workdays, Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. In the rare event that a message must be left, all calls will be returned promptly, within the same day.
- SPECIAL GRATITUDE
If an AASD member has a department or individual that deserves special recognition during this time of crisis, please use the link below for reporting issues/questions/concerns/gratitude to show your gratitude for the department or individual. AASD will publish that special thanks in our next Daily Update.
- AASD OFFICE CLOSURE
AASD will be sending out a Daily Update, Monday-Friday, throughout the return to instruction/school reopening period. The Weekly Update will continue as usual on Thursdays with the typical news and information for AASD members. The AASD Office continues to remain closed. AASD staff are working remotely and can be reached via the contact information at the end of this Update.
AASD has created a Google Form for AASD Members to report issues, questions or concerns regarding work-related issues, COVID-19, return to instruction and school reopening. AASD will provide answers to issues, questions or concerns submitted as answers become available. You may also share your gratitude for another AASD member, district personnel, etc., via the same link.
The link to share issues/questions/concerns/gratitude is:
Please do not share this link outside of AASD membership (classified and certificated management/supervisors). The link will be active until this crisis is over.
NOTE: All previous AASD Daily Updates and Weekly Updates are located on the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org if you need to refer back to them for information.
- DISTRICT WEBSITE
For your convenience, the District has created a list of Frequently Asked Questions. To access that list, click the link https://sites.google.com/sandi.net/covid19/staff-info
- AASD CONTACT INFORMATION
Executive Director, Donis Coronel -- firstname.lastname@example.org 619-813-8792
Office Manager, Linda Crout-Hamel -- email@example.com 619-861-2701
Office Clerk, Jim Costello -- firstname.lastname@example.org
Please keep informed via the District’s website www.sandi.net, Daily Updates from AASD and via the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org.
AASD Board of Directors - http://aasdcs.org/board-of-directors/
AASD Office Staff - http://aasdcs.org/staff/