DAILY UPDATE #198 -- 1/28/2021
- NEW ITEMS
- DISTRICT COMMUNICATIONS
The following communication was sent to principals on January 27:
- SUMMATIVE ELPAC: PARENT COMMUNICATION
- Assessment Services sent this Parent Communication on 1/22/2021.
- Purpose: To inform parents of camera use for remote assessment for ELPAC and CAASPP.
- Parents are encouraged to reach out to their child’s teacher or site leadership for questions.
- Document due diligence with your attempts to test and place in the student's cum or EL container.
- CAASPP REQUIREMENTS
- CAASPP participation rates remains at 95%.
- CAA - must be administered by a certificated staff member who knows the student well and understands their form of communication (i.e. classroom teacher, school psychologist, SLP).
- Document due diligence in communicating with families regarding options to increase testing opportunities for students reluctant to test due to camera access. Place documentation in cum.
- Here is January's Newsletter.
- Assessment Services office hours, 8:00 am every Thursday.
- If you have any additional questions, please contact email@example.com.
- CAASPP Essentials training will be available in early February.
- CENTRAL OFFICE CHAMPIONS
- To assist sites with the implementation of the Restorative Discipline Policy, Central Office Champions will be available to support students exhibiting Level 3 behaviors as defined in the Restorative Response Matrix on page 9.
- Reference the SDUSD Adult Champion 2020-21 guidelines for further information related to the role of the champion, use of the champion, how to connect with the champion, and champion assignments by cluster.
- Central Office Champions will be available starting on Feb. 1 through the remainder of the 2020-21 school year.
- ELEMENTARY UPDATES
- TEP: Assessment Services Presentation
- Here is the Assessment Services presentation (CAASPP and ELPAC ) shared at TEP on 1/22/21.
- If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- CAASPP Essentials training is coming in early February.
- Benchmark Professional Learning Opportunities
- Join a Benchmark consultant to learn about digital tools and resources on Thursday, January 28th.
- Learn about eBooks, customizations, learning games, assessment reports, and much more!
- Sign up through Professional Learning (formerly ERO).
- Please visit the SDUSD Elementary Literacy Website for additional resources.
- OTHER NEWS
Four barriers districts, teachers unions face in school reopenings
- AASD/DISTRICT "HOTLINE" INFORMATION
The hotline established with the District is available to AASD unit members and other management who are charged with enforcing the health and safety policies and procedures. Call the hotline when you need immediate assistance when conflicts arise, clarification is needed, or decisions must be made regarding health and safety matters.
This hotline is for ALL AASD represented members, both classified and certificated. The hotline phone number is (619) 981-0760. The hotline is available on all District workdays, Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. In the rare event that a message must be left, all calls will be returned promptly, within the same day.
- SPECIAL GRATITUDE
If an AASD member has a department or individual that deserves special recognition during this time of crisis, please use the link below for reporting issues/questions/concerns/gratitude to show your gratitude for the department or individual. AASD will publish that special thanks in our next Daily Update.
- AASD OFFICE CLOSURE
AASD will be sending out a Daily Update, Monday-Friday, throughout the return to instruction/school reopening period. The Weekly Update will continue as usual on Thursdays with the typical news and information for AASD members. The AASD Office continues to remain closed. AASD staff are working remotely and can be reached via the contact information at the end of this Update.
AASD has created a Google Form for AASD Members to report issues, questions or concerns regarding work-related issues, COVID-19, return to instruction and school reopening. AASD will provide answers to issues, questions or concerns submitted as answers become available. You may also share your gratitude for another AASD member, district personnel, etc., via the same link.
The link to share issues/questions/concerns/gratitude is:
Please do not share this link outside of AASD membership (classified and certificated management/supervisors). The link will be active until this crisis is over.
NOTE: All previous AASD Daily Updates and Weekly Updates are located on the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org if you need to refer back to them for information.
- DISTRICT WEBSITE
For your convenience, the District has created a list of Frequently Asked Questions. To access that list, click the link https://sites.google.com/sandi.net/covid19/staff-info
- AASD CONTACT INFORMATION
Executive Director, Donis Coronel -- email@example.com 619-813-8792
Office Manager, Linda Crout-Hamel -- firstname.lastname@example.org 619-861-2701
Office Clerk, Jim Costello -- email@example.com
Please keep informed via the District’s website www.sandi.net, Daily Updates from AASD and via the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org.