DAILY UPDATE #204 -- 2/05/2021
- NEW ITEMS
- BARGAINING UPDATE
AASD was at the bargaining table yesterday and is working today with the District leaders regarding “Increasing Participation in Phase One Appointment Based Learning for 2020-21 School Year (Additional Resources for Schools).” We hope to have a progress report for our members on Monday.
- DISTRICT COMMUNICATIONS
The following communication was sent to principals today, February 5:
- DISTRICT & SDEA AGREEMENT: EXPANSION OF PHASE 1 - ADDITIONAL RESOURCES FOR SCHOOLS
- The District and SDEA have reached a tentative agreement to increase participation in Phase One onsite learning.
- Here is a summary of the agreement with the link to the Final Agreement.
- We will schedule a principal meeting to review the agreement, support you in understanding the information, discuss implementation, and clarify questions you may have.
- A calendar invite will be forthcoming.
- SITE OPS CIRCULAR: SUSPENSIONS & EXPULSIONS
- Please see new Site Operations Circular outlining details for updating suspension and expulsion procedures in alignment with the Restorative Discipline Policy. Attachments include:
- A matrix of suggested responses for suspendable behaviors.
- Updated suspension forms in English and Spanish.
- Sites will need to update suspension and expulsion language in school handbooks and documents for the 21-22 school year.
- CURRICULUM AND ON-LINE TOOLS FOR EDUCATORS
- These resources are available on the Educator Updates for all educators to access:
- DEMI: DISTRICT ESSENTIAL MATHEMATICS INDICATOR ASSESSMENT FOR GRADES 2-12
- Administration window of the SPRING DEMI is open now!
- Teachers use this resource sheet to administer the DEMI through Illuminate.
- Want more information at the DEMI? Watch this screencast!
- Opportunities for professional learning for sites to analyze DEMI data to follow in late March and April.
- Contact Aly Martinez, Instructional Coordinator TK-12 Mathematics firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FREE POWER OF INCLUSION: MASTERS OF THEIR CRAFT SERIES
- Check out this FREE 3-part Webinar series on the power of Inclusive Education.
- It is free to the public and provides participants with the historical and ethical background of disability studies, teaching principles that unleash learning for every student, and real-life stories of students.
- Dr. Richard Villa, Dr. William DeJean, Norman Kuntz, and Emma Van Der Klift, some who presented at the summer principal institute will be presenting.
- DISTRICT SERVER ISSUES
- The District server is experiencing difficulties at this time, some of the links might not be accessible until this has been resolved.
- Please check back at a later time if this occurs.
- OTHER NEWS
Is It Vaccines for All or No School? (VOSD, February 4)
- AASD/DISTRICT "HOTLINE" INFORMATION
The hotline established with the District is available to AASD unit members and other management who are charged with enforcing the health and safety policies and procedures. Call the hotline when you need immediate assistance when conflicts arise, clarification is needed, or decisions must be made regarding health and safety matters.
This hotline is for ALL AASD represented members, both classified and certificated. The hotline phone number is (619) 981-0760. The hotline is available on all District workdays, Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. In the rare event that a message must be left, all calls will be returned promptly, within the same day.
- SPECIAL GRATITUDE
If an AASD member has a department or individual that deserves special recognition during this time of crisis, please use the link below for reporting issues/questions/concerns/gratitude to show your gratitude for the department or individual. AASD will publish that special thanks in our next Daily Update.
- AASD OFFICE CLOSURE
AASD will be sending out a Daily Update, Monday-Friday, throughout the return to instruction/school reopening period. The Weekly Update will continue as usual on Thursdays with the typical news and information for AASD members. The AASD Office continues to remain closed. AASD staff are working remotely and can be reached via the contact information at the end of this Update.
AASD has created a Google Form for AASD Members to report issues, questions or concerns regarding work-related issues, COVID-19, return to instruction and school reopening. AASD will provide answers to issues, questions or concerns submitted as answers become available. You may also share your gratitude for another AASD member, district personnel, etc., via the same link.
The link to share issues/questions/concerns/gratitude is:
Please do not share this link outside of AASD membership (classified and certificated management/supervisors). The link will be active until this crisis is over.
NOTE: All previous AASD Daily Updates and Weekly Updates are located on the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org if you need to refer back to them for information.
- DISTRICT WEBSITE
For your convenience, the District has created a list of Frequently Asked Questions. To access that list, click the link https://sites.google.com/sandi.net/covid19/staff-info
- AASD CONTACT INFORMATION
Executive Director, Donis Coronel -- email@example.com 619-813-8792
Office Manager, Linda Crout-Hamel -- firstname.lastname@example.org 619-861-2701
Office Clerk, Jim Costello -- email@example.com
Please keep informed via the District’s website www.sandi.net, Daily Updates from AASD and via the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org.