DAILY UPDATE #206 -- 2/09/2021
- NEW ITEMS
- DISTRICT COMMUNICATIONS
The following communication was sent to principals on February 8:
- SBB OPERATIONS MEETING
- Thank you all for attending today’s Operational Meeting on Addressing Inequity through Allocating Resources. Here is the presentation slide deck
- SBB TRAINING AND SUPPORT
- Finance and HR will be providing two trainings on the SBB process and tool on February 11, 2021:
- New Principal Training at 8:00 a.m.
- For any principal who has not used the SBB tool before or any principal that needs a refresher course, please sign up here: SBB New Principal Training.
- SBB Training at 12:30 p.m.
- For experienced principals to highlight any changes from previous years and guidance on how to complete their SBB, please sign up here: SBB Principal Training.
- Site-based appointments for SBB support will also be provided, please refer to the email sent by your Finance Resource Teacher to schedule your support meeting.
- We look forward to supporting you throughout the SBB process.
- 28-DAY READ ALOUD FOR BLACK HISTORY MONTH
- Each day, including weekends, we have community leaders reading selections from We Are Our Ancestors’ Keepers.
- New readings are posted daily and all readings are archived.
- Please share this website with teachers and families: bit.ly/SDUSDBLACKHISTORYREAD
- ENROLLMENT VERIFICATION
- Families who are requesting enrollment verification can be provided documentation by the school site. CLICK HERE for a template letter.
- For DACA enrollment documentation, families MUST contact the Family Engagement Office to schedule an in-person appointment to receive the official paperwork.
- BILINGUAL SUPPORT NETWORK (BSN) - Information sent to Educator’s Update
- The BSN provides consultation with general and special education staff and direct support to special educators seeking assessments in students’ and families’ primary language of communication.
- Please use the Request for BSN Consultation 20-21 form for support or email email@example.com with any questions.
- FOOD SERVICES: FOOD BOXES AT SELECT CURBSIDE GRAB N’ GO MEAL LOCATIONS
- The USDA boxes of daily, protein, and shelf-stable items are back in limited quantities!
- All meal pick-up locations will be closed Friday, 2/12 and Monday, 2/15. Additional student meals will be included in distributions throughout next week and the following week to make up for these closed days.
- Extra grocery items available (while supplies last) at select schools on a rotating basis. Check the schedule for grocery distributions for next week - Grocery Item Schedule for Week of 2/8-2/11
- SECONDARY UPDATES
- AP Testing 2021
- Last week, College Board announced AP testing options for 2021:
- The vast majority of the AP exams will have an online option
- The two areas where an in-person exam is required are World Language and Music Theory
- There will be an informational meeting with Rachel Amato for all AP coordinators on Feb. 16th. Principals are welcome to attend: https://sandiegounified.zoom.us/j/95862670095
- Rachel is also offering office hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8am to help assist sites with questions related to AP test administration: https://sandiegounified.zoom.us/j/95862670095
- Secondary Mathematics
- Please consider nominating at least one representative to attend our SD Enhanced Math Capacity Building Sessions!
- We will offer three sessions every quarter to support math teacher professional learning and foster cross-district collaboration through powerful PLC structures.
- Nominated math representatives can RSVP here.
- OTHER NEWS
SDUSD starts offering learning labs for at-risk students (SD Union Tribune, February 8)
Despite More Support for Reopening Schools, Some Families Still Say It’s Too Soon (NBC San Diego, February 9)
Billions for Learning Loss: How Biden’s Plan Would Fund Schools (Chalkbeat, February 8)
- AASD/DISTRICT "HOTLINE" INFORMATION
The hotline established with the District is available to AASD unit members and other management who are charged with enforcing the health and safety policies and procedures. Call the hotline when you need immediate assistance when conflicts arise, clarification is needed, or decisions must be made regarding health and safety matters.
This hotline is for ALL AASD represented members, both classified and certificated. The hotline phone number is (619) 981-0760. The hotline is available on all District workdays, Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. In the rare event that a message must be left, all calls will be returned promptly, within the same day.
- AASD OFFICE CLOSURE
AASD will be sending out a Daily Update, Monday-Friday, throughout the return to instruction/school reopening period. The Weekly Update will continue as usual on Thursdays with the typical news and information for AASD members. The AASD Office continues to remain closed. AASD staff are working remotely and can be reached via the contact information at the end of this Update.
AASD has created a Google Form for AASD Members to report issues, questions or concerns regarding work-related issues, COVID-19, return to instruction and school reopening. AASD will provide answers to issues, questions or concerns submitted as answers become available. You may also share your gratitude for another AASD member, district personnel, etc., via the same link.
The link to share issues/questions/concerns/gratitude is:
Please do not share this link outside of AASD membership (classified and certificated management/supervisors). The link will be active until this crisis is over.
NOTE: All previous AASD Daily Updates and Weekly Updates are located on the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org if you need to refer back to them for information.
- DISTRICT WEBSITE
For your convenience, the District has created a list of Frequently Asked Questions. To access that list, click the link https://sites.google.com/sandi.net/covid19/staff-info
- AASD CONTACT INFORMATION
Executive Director, Donis Coronel -- firstname.lastname@example.org 619-813-8792
Office Manager, Linda Crout-Hamel -- email@example.com 619-861-2701
Office Clerk, Jim Costello -- firstname.lastname@example.org
Please keep informed via the District’s website www.sandi.net, Daily Updates from AASD and via the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org.