DAILY UPDATE #208 -- 2/11/2021
- NEW ITEMS
- VICE PRINCIPALS
AASD has heard concerns from principals and vice principals about vice principals not being permitted to attend SBB meetings (example, the meeting this past Monday) and not having access to the SBB without obtaining layers of permission. AASD has reached out to the district executive leaders to share this concern. If we want to grow our vice principals, why is access being denied? More to come on this matter.
- Q AND A (Thursday, February 11, 2021)
Q: Will SDUSD apply for a waiver to NOT participate in state testing if that becomes available? I really hope so. I feel remote testing will cause more stress and frustration to all stakeholders. I also don’t think it will give us any data that we don’t already have. I feel very worried about this. Thanks for listening.
A: (Answer provided by the District) At this time there is not a waiver available. We are monitoring the state's position on this and will update as information becomes available.
- DISTRICT COMMUNICATIONS
The following communication was sent to principals on February 10:
- IMPLEMENTING PHASE ONE UPDATES
- Thank you all for attending this morning’s session on Implementing Phase One. We appreciate your questions and feedback you provided.
- In response to your request and to ensure we expand safely, we revised the timeline:
- Start date for Phase One: February 22, 2021
- Have your SAMS coordinator enter the job SAMS by Tuesday, February 16th, 5 pm.
- See slide #7 in updated slide deck with revised staffing dates.
- We will schedule voluntary office hours to help us seek solutions together. (Calendar invite forthcoming)
- See the Landing Page with helpful links. (Link to FAQ coming soon).
- BUDGET INFORMATION FOR PHASE ONE
- Finance will provide each site with the budget for tutoring and the additional time for staff:
- Resource 32201 (CRF Phase One Exp) used for additional costs of paying staff to cover the learning labs.
- Resource 74200 (P98 Learning Loss LCFF) used to support tutoring.
- The budget will be available next week.
- When entering Learning Lab subs into SAMS, use the reason codes provided - 032 Certificated Learning Lab (for Visiting Teachers/Certificated Staff) or 033 Classified Staff Learning Lab, as centralized funds are tied to these codes.
- SBB IS NOW OPEN
- SBB is now open: http://sbb.sandi.net/
- Training is available tomorrow, February 11th
- New Principal Training at 8:00 a.m. Sign up here: SBB New Principal Training.
- For any principal who has not used the SBB tool or needs a refresher course
- SBB Training at 12:30 p.m. Sign up here: SBB Principal Training
- For experienced principals to share changes and guidance in completing their SBB
- CLASSROOM TECHNOLOGY EQUIPMENT - Update from 2/9/21 post
- Each site received a webcam, cable and tripod for Core classrooms. Teachers currently teaching from their site can use these items to support lessons.
- The resources below will guide you through the necessary steps for using this equipment in conjunction with Zoom. This will also be in Educator Update today.
- Instructions on how to connect the webcam and project through Zoom
- Video tutorials
- Lesson ideas coming soon!
- OTHER NEWS
Opinion: Richard Barrera, SDUSD Board President. We hope students return in spring, but we are confident about fall (SD Union Tribune, February 10)
We cannot ignore the fact that Coronavirus is still raging in our communities (SD Union Tribune, February 10)
Opinion: As a teacher in SDUSD, I’ve done all that has been asked of me. This year I feel blamed for problems I can’t control (SD Union Tribune, February 10)
Could Chicago’s school reopening deal set a higher bar for other districts? (Chalkbeat, February 9)
- AASD/DISTRICT "HOTLINE" INFORMATION
The hotline established with the District is available to AASD unit members and other management who are charged with enforcing the health and safety policies and procedures. Call the hotline when you need immediate assistance when conflicts arise, clarification is needed, or decisions must be made regarding health and safety matters.
This hotline is for ALL AASD represented members, both classified and certificated. The hotline phone number is (619) 981-0760. The hotline is available on all District workdays, Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. In the rare event that a message must be left, all calls will be returned promptly, within the same day.
- AASD OFFICE CLOSURE
AASD will be sending out a Daily Update, Monday-Friday, throughout the return to instruction/school reopening period. The Weekly Update will continue as usual on Thursdays with the typical news and information for AASD members. The AASD Office continues to remain closed. AASD staff are working remotely and can be reached via the contact information at the end of this Update.
AASD has created a Google Form for AASD Members to report issues, questions or concerns regarding work-related issues, COVID-19, return to instruction and school reopening. AASD will provide answers to issues, questions or concerns submitted as answers become available. You may also share your gratitude for another AASD member, district personnel, etc., via the same link.
The link to share issues/questions/concerns/gratitude is:
Please do not share this link outside of AASD membership (classified and certificated management/supervisors). The link will be active until this crisis is over.
NOTE: All previous AASD Daily Updates and Weekly Updates are located on the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org if you need to refer back to them for information.
- DISTRICT WEBSITE
For your convenience, the District has created a list of Frequently Asked Questions. To access that list, click the link https://sites.google.com/sandi.net/covid19/staff-info
- AASD CONTACT INFORMATION
Executive Director, Donis Coronel -- email@example.com 619-813-8792
Office Manager, Linda Crout-Hamel -- firstname.lastname@example.org 619-861-2701
Office Clerk, Jim Costello -- email@example.com
Please keep informed via the District’s website www.sandi.net, Daily Updates from AASD and via the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org.