DAILY UPDATE #233 -- 3/23/2021
- NEW ITEMS
- BARGAINING UPDATE
AASD is bargaining with the district on the return to the site impacts and effects. We will share information as it becomes available.
- DISTRICT COMMUNICATION
The following communication went to principals on March 22:
- ILLUMINATE REPORT
- Illuminate is experiencing a delay in displaying real-time data on family survey responses. We apologize for this inconvenience.
- All responses from families are being recorded correctly.
- Current data available has been updated as of Saturday 3/20.
- Our IT Team will provide schools with regular updates on data via the In-Person Learning tile.
- This document provides an update on the process to review the responses in Illuminate.
- SITE COVID-19 TESTING SCHEDULING ISSUES: FRIDAYS
- The SDEA Agreement includes mandatory testing for staff.
- We recognize that some testing dates are currently scheduled for Fridays which may conflict during your weekly educator preparation and planning day.
- If you would like to change your site’s testing day, please fill out this google form.
- We will collaborate with UCSD on this request, and it may take time to resolve.
- SUMMER SCHOOL & ESY: SCREENCAST INFO
- We will offer onsite and online Summer School Experience program for all levels.
- CLICK HERE to view a Screencast with more details regarding the academic programs, facilities, HR timeline, enrollment and future training/support.
- Principals can also access the SLIDES from the screencast.
- Information about the academic programs and job posting timeline will be shared in Wednesday’s Educator Update.
- SPECIAL EDUCATION: VOLUNTARY MEETING
- Voluntary meeting for site leaders (principals and VP’s) to answer questions about Special Education support when students return on April 12.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES: PE, RECESS AND MEALTIME
- SPECIAL GRATITUDE
If an AASD member has a department or individual that deserves special recognition during this time of crisis, please use the link below for reporting issues/questions/concerns/gratitude to show your gratitude for the department or individual. AASD will publish that special thanks in our next Daily Update.
From Dr. Jennifer Roberson: “Shout out to Dr. Cynthia Larkin and her team at Morse High for successfully completing a WASC visit during a global pandemic. Not an easy undertaking, but a job well done. Congratulations, Morse!!”
- OTHER NEWS
One Year After the Shutdown (SD Union Tribune, March 23)
SDUSD teachers prepare to return to the classroom (10 News, March 22)
- HOTLINE FOR AASD MEMBERS – THIS WILL BECOME IMPORTANT AS STAFF RETURNS TO CAMPUS AND STUDENTS RETURN ON APRIL 12
The hotline AASD negotiated with the District is available to all AASD unit members (classified and certificated) who are charged with enforcing the health and safety policies and procedures at the school site. Call the hotline when you need immediate assistance when conflicts arise, clarification is needed, or decisions must be made regarding health and safety matters. Once we have staff and students back on campus, issues may arise where site AASD members don’t have direction or an answer. Call the hotline for help! Put the hotline number in your cell phone so you have it when needed.
This hotline is for ALL AASD represented members, both classified and certificated. The hotline phone number is (619) 981-0760. The hotline is available on all District workdays, Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. In the rare event that a message must be left, all calls will be returned promptly, within the same day. The hotline is answered by our AASD member, Brian Kenworthy, Operations Specialist who has access to materials and district leadership as necessary.
- AASD OFFICE CLOSURE
AASD will be sending out a Daily Update, Monday-Friday, throughout the return to instruction/school reopening period. The Weekly Update will continue as usual on Thursdays with the typical news and information for AASD members. The AASD Office continues to remain closed. AASD staff are working remotely and can be reached via the contact information at the end of this Update.
AASD has created a Google Form for AASD Members to report issues, questions or concerns regarding work-related issues, COVID-19, return to instruction and school reopening. AASD will provide answers to issues, questions or concerns submitted as answers become available. You may also share your gratitude for another AASD member, district personnel, etc., via the same link.
The link to share issues/questions/concerns/gratitude is:
Please do not share this link outside of AASD membership (classified and certificated management/supervisors). The link will be active until this crisis is over.
NOTE: All previous AASD Daily Updates and Weekly Updates are located on the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org if you need to refer back to them for information.
- DISTRICT WEBSITE
For your convenience, the District has created a list of Frequently Asked Questions. To access that list, click the link https://sites.google.com/sandi.net/covid19/staff-info
- AASD CONTACT INFORMATION
Executive Director, Donis Coronel -- email@example.com 619-813-8792
Office Manager, Linda Crout-Hamel -- firstname.lastname@example.org 619-861-2701
Office Clerk, Jim Costello -- email@example.com
Please keep informed via the District’s website www.sandi.net, Daily Updates from AASD and via the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org.