DAILY UPDATE #252 -- 4/27/2021
- NEW ITEMS
- SDUSD STAFF WELLNESS WEBINAR – MAXIMIZING YOUR SDUSD BENEFITS FROM EAP
Dear San Diego Unified employees,
Our District Wellness Council invites you to our next staff wellness webinar: Maximizing Your San Diego Unified Benefits from the Employee Assistance Program (EAP.)
In this 30-minute webinar, Optum will provide an overview of resources available through EAP. EAP can assist with a broad range of issues such as parenting and caregiving, relationship challenges, financial, legal or career advice, wellness matters and navigating difficult events. EAP services are offered at no cost to all San Diego Unified benefited employees and their covered family members. These services are confidential and available 24/7.
Maximizing Your SDUSD Benefits from EAP
The session will be recorded if you are unable to attend.
- This session is part of the San Diego Unified Nursing & Wellness Department’s ongoing series of wellness webinars to help employees leverage their available benefits and enhance their health & well-being. See the flyer below for additional information.
We hope you can join us.
District Wellness Council
- DISTRICT COMMUNICATION
The following communication was sent to principals on April 27:
- ATTENDANCE CODE IN POWERSCHOOL - REMINDER
- Starting Wednesday, April 28, 2021 a new PowerSchool Attendance Code will be implemented:
- Please see revised attendance procedures included here.
- PowerSchool users received an email from IT today.
- For attendance related questions, contact Pupil Accounting Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SUPPORT FROM FINANCE
- Finance will send this communication to all financial clerks and ESAs regarding guidance on ASB deposits and payments.
- ZOOM UPDATES - NEW ZOOM LICENSE
- Effective Wednesday April 28th all principals will have a large capacity zoom license.
- You can now host up to 1,000 participants versus 300.
- No changes are needed to current meetings or scheduling future meetings.
- Visiting teachers can have access to a paid Zoom license (paid for by the district).
- VTs can be added as an alternative host for current Zoom meetings.
- Please reach out to DeAnnA Roberts (email@example.com) to request this service.
- Zoom webinars are also available upon request.
- Webinars host 500 participants and limit the interactions of chat and being on camera.
- To reserve a webinar, principals can contact DeAnna Roberts (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- OTHER NEWS
New mask guidance from the CDC (CNN, April 27)
CA lowest Coronavirus case rate in the nation (SD Union Tribune, April 27)
What President Biden’s recovery plan for families means for CA’s children (EdSource, April 27)
- HOTLINE FOR AASD MEMBERS – A VALUABLE TOOL
The hotline AASD negotiated with the District is available to all AASD unit members (classified and certificated) who are charged with enforcing the health and safety policies and procedures at the school site. Call the hotline when you need immediate assistance when conflicts arise, clarification is needed, or decisions must be made regarding health and safety matters. Once we have staff and students back on campus, issues may arise where site AASD members don’t have direction or an answer. Call the hotline for help! Put the hotline number in your cell phone so you have it when needed.
This hotline is for ALL AASD represented members, both classified and certificated. The hotline phone number is (619) 981-0760. The hotline is available on all District workdays, Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. In the rare event that a message must be left, all calls will be returned promptly, within the same day. The hotline is answered by our AASD member, Brian Kenworthy, Operations Specialist who has access to materials and district leadership as necessary.
- SPECIAL GRATITUDE
If an AASD member has a department or individual that deserves special recognition during this time of crisis, please use the link below for reporting issues/questions/concerns/gratitude to show your gratitude for the department or individual. AASD will publish that special thanks in our next Daily Update.
- AASD OFFICE CLOSURE
AASD will be sending out a Daily Update, Monday-Friday, throughout the return to instruction/school reopening period. The Weekly Update will continue as usual on Thursdays with the typical news and information for AASD members. The AASD Office continues to remain closed. AASD staff are working remotely and can be reached via the contact information at the end of this Update.
AASD has created a Google Form for AASD Members to report issues, questions or concerns regarding work-related issues, COVID-19, return to instruction and school reopening. AASD will provide answers to issues, questions or concerns submitted as answers become available. You may also share your gratitude for another AASD member, district personnel, etc., via the same link.
The link to share issues/questions/concerns/gratitude is:
Please do not share this link outside of AASD membership (classified and certificated management/supervisors). The link will be active until this crisis is over.
NOTE: All previous AASD Daily Updates and Weekly Updates are located on the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org if you need to refer back to them for information.
- DISTRICT WEBSITE
For your convenience, the District has created a list of Frequently Asked Questions. To access that list, click the link https://sites.google.com/sandi.net/covid19/staff-info
- AASD CONTACT INFORMATION
Executive Director, Donis Coronel -- email@example.com 619-813-8792
Office Manager, Linda Crout-Hamel -- firstname.lastname@example.org 619-861-2701
Office Clerk, Jim Costello -- email@example.com
Please keep informed via the District’s website www.sandi.net, Daily Updates from AASD and via the AASD Website www.aasdcs.org.