As described in the AASD Bylaws, the Member Relations Committee is responsible for fostering positive relations within the Bargaining unit and shall:
- Identify members with skills who may be willing to assist with special projects as needed.
- Work with AASD staff in planning of special events and member benefits.
- Promote and organize participation in activities designed to improve member relations.
- Coordinate Scholarship Program.
- Coordinate AASD Distinguished Leader Program
- Plan Retiree Recognition Celebration
Certificated – Irene Hightower, Principal Cabrillo Elementary
Classified – Maria Moore-Flagg, Supervising Administrative Assistant I, Auxiliary Services
Food Services Area Supv
Administrator, Child Development Center
Food Services Area Manager
Transportations Ops Supv
BSS III, PBMS
Vice Principal, Clark MS
School Police Captain
Meetings are held on the second Tuesday of every month (unless otherwise noted) at 3:30-5 PM at the AASD Office, 3505 Camino del Rio South, Suite 264, San Diego 92108.
Meeting dates for the 2016-17 school year are as follows. Meeting dates are subject to change.
July 5, 2016
August 9, 2016 – Stuff homework bags
August 25, 2016 – Distribute bags
September 6, 2016
October 4, 2016 – Summerfest
October 26, 2016 – Membership Mtg.
November 1, 2016
December 1, 2016 (Thurs.)
December 2, 2016 – Holiday Party
January 3, 2017
February 7, 2017
March 7, 2017
April 4, 2017
May 2, 2017
May 11, 2017 – Membership Mtg.
June 6, 2017
June 16- 2017 – Summerfest