The Legislative and Political Affairs Committee (LAPA) may review/research and elect to endorse federal, state or local public candidates, bond measures or propositions.
- The LAPA will make recommendations for endorsements and/or political activity to the AASD Board of Directors for approval.
- The LAPA may elect to hold candidate forums, or AASD member feedback sessions as approved by the AASD Board of Directors.
- The LAPA will not make any monetary endorsements.
- The LAPA will consist of a co-chair from Classified and a co-chair from Certificated. There will also be one Classified Executive Board representative and one Certificated Executive Board representative appointed by the Executive Board. In addition, there will be other committee members who are either members in good standing, members in good standing (PMA), retired members or affiliate members.
||Supervising Administrative Assistant II, Extended Learning
|Jesus Montana (Interim)
||School Police Sargeant/Executive Board
||Principal, Fletcher Elementary
||Food Services Business Operations Supervisor/Board of Directors
||Associate Principal, Mission Bay HS
||Business Manager, Food Services
||Operations Specialist, CCTE
||Associate Principal, Henry HS
||Principal, Crown Point Elementary
AASD Office Staff
Committee meetings will be held on an as-needed basis at the AASD offices.
- August 2, 2023, 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- September 11, 2023, 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- October 9, 2023, 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- November 13, 2023, 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- December 12, 2023, 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- January 8, 2024, 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- February 12, 2024, 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- March 11, 2024, 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- April 8, 2024, 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- May 13, 2024, 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- June 10, 2024, 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm