As stated in the AASD Bylaws, the Professional Development Committee is responsible for encouraging continued growth of professional competence, including conferences and workshops for supervisors and shall:
- Seek from membership curriculum and instructional concerns in regards to professional growth that affect them as instructional leaders.
- Provide AASD representation to District committees involving professional development and facilitate two-way communication between the District and AASD membership.
- Advise the Board of Directors on all professional development matters.
- Provide the membership with current information regarding professional development.
- Oversee the Professional Growth Matching Fund.
- Develop guidelines whereby members can be reimbursed for professional development.
- Solicit, Review, Approve, and Deny reimbursement requests from members.
Vice Principal, Hoover High
Principal, Cadman Elementary
Principal, Linda Vista Elementary
School Police Captain
Food Services Regional Manager
Operations Specialist, Leadership & Learning
Supervising Adm Asst II, Education Technology
Food Services Region Field Manager
Supervising Administrative Assistant I, Auxiliary Services
Principal Office of Reconnection
School Site Operations Specialist
Principal, CPMA Middle
Committee meetings are held on the second Wednesday of every month (unless otherwise noted) at 7:30-8:30 AM at the AASD Office, 3505 Camino del Rio South #264, San Diego, 92108.
Meeting Dates for the 2016-17 school year are as follows. Meeting dates are subject to change.
July 13, 2016
August 10, 2016
September 14, 2016
October 12, 2016
November 9, 2016
December 14, 2016
January 11, 2017
February 8, 2017
March 8, 2017
March 21, 2017 Conference
April 12, 2017
May 10, 2017
June 7, 2017 (1st Wed.)